Search

Mango Bay Resort

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mango Bay Resort

Has anyone ever stayed at the Mango Bay resort in Antigua? How is this place? Is it even worth staying on the East Coast of Antigua?
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:15 PM

I've never stayed at Mango Bay, but when I'm on Antigua I stay at neighboring hotel, Long Bay. I just walked past Mango Bay three days ago and was impressed with the improvements they made with the reception area--it's very inviting, done in mostly white with a thatched roof. The resort is quite small and the beach is only about 45 feet long, but if you have a car to explore the island during the day it could be a good cost effective place to stay.

Whether it's "worth it" to stay on the east coast is entirely a matter of opinion. I love it there, but you might not. It's fairly quiet and remote and it will take you at least 30 minutes to drive any where, so keep that in mind. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:19 PM
Carib_Ian

It is now called Dian Bay Resort and it is part of the Elite Island Resorts group. My cousin stayed there on his honeymoon and highly recommends it.

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:14 AM

I had read that Elite Islands had taken it over, which would explain the outward improvements I saw. BUt folks locally are still calling it Mango Bay, or at least they were as of last week. When did your cousin stay there and what did s/he have to say about it?
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Carib_Ian

My cousin stayed there this past summer for his honeymoon. They're Brits so Antigua is very popular with honeymooners there. They really liked it. They said the food was very good and the service as well. It is very quiet. I stopped in to look at it on my last trip to Antigua and it was quiet but it seemed to have a nice feel to it.

Old Nov 25th, 2004, 12:20 AM

I said there a few years ago before it was taken over and enjoyed it a lot.

At the time, there was not much beach at the hotel, you had to take a (free) boat over the lagoon to a beach there.

Having said that, we never bothered and just walked down the road to another beach (can't remember the name) that was very nice (it did have a large hotel at one end of it - but you can avoid that easily.