Search

LuxuryLink

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LuxuryLink

Have any of you ever booked with LuxuryLink? I'm seeing some fantastic auction offers and Best Buy offers that are not bad either, but have no experience with this firm.

I'm trying to book an anniversary trip for next month and found some great offers for Barbados, Anguilla, St. Kitts and Dominican Republic that interest me. I definitely am considering bidding.

Would like some feedback on this firm.
Thanks.
Marcie
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 12:15 PM
ALR

I've bought several hotel stay in Anguilla on their auction. I got some pretty good prices. No problems. Just check their date ranges because you need to use them within the specified dates. I called the hotels to check availability before making the purchase so I knew it would work out.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Do a search here and read the previous posts on the subject. HowardC and I among others have had good experience with them, but you must read all of the fine print in whatever auction you bid on.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Have had good experience on 3 vacations but contact hotel for availability of when you wish to go before you make your best bid.
The savings I experienced was about $300-$500 but often it is for a garden view location, based on the resort, and if you want beach front it may not be offerred in the auction.Read closely. Good Luck. But a reliable organization, in my opinion.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 05:48 AM

I am very impressed with Luxury Link and have goten some really good deals-Coral Gardens in Turks and Caicos, Beach House in Barbuda, Jamacia Inn in Ocho Rios, Blue Haven in Tobago and most recently Sivory in Punta Cana D.R. Bid again on the Sivory package when we got home and going again in late Nov. I posted a Sivory trip report on this site. I normally watch the auctions to see what packages go for before bidding and they do post weekly bid results on the web site. Set a limit as to what you want to bid. If you lose out they same package will normally appear within a few days. Downside for some people is you pay up front when you win the auction.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your responses and referrals to earlier messages. HowardC, I do want to thank you for the most recent comments about bidding on Sivory and also Coral Gardens in Provo. I'm looking at both with greater interest right now. How was your experience with Sivory--saw some recent negatives? Coral Gardens looks great also. Is Turks and Caicos better for snorkeling than Punta Cana? I'm now a little confused with so many great places, but I need to book soon.
Marcie
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM

Turks and Caicos -- and especially Coral Gardens Resort -- has some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean right off the beach. The reef, which is in great shape, starts about 10 yards off shore and is a wonderful place to see lots of interesting marine life and corals. Right next to the reef are large turtle grass beds which are frequented by enormous hawksbill turtles (we saw seven in one morning.) Coral Gardens itself is a very nice, all-suite resort. We have purchased stays there and elsewhere thru Luxury Link and have always been very pleased.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:38 AM

Really did like Sivory but as I said in my trip report very laid back and relaxing. Was so impressed we're going back this Dec. The whole trip includung airfare etc was about $3,000.
I did see the negative review on Trip advisor posted 8 June. Sounds like we were in two different places. Don't know what the poster expected. Didn't have any of the problems they did. Perhaps they expected a Four Seasons or Ritz. Won't comment further but feel I have rather discriminating taste when it come to Caribbean resorts and Sivory was wonderful. Snorkeling in Provo was better. At Sivory there are reefs off the beach but it can get a little rough,
Re--Coral Gardens--They are currnetly changing management companies and are in a state of flux. The package on LL should be modified as the dinner is at the Beach bar/restaurant not Coyaba. Not sure of Coyaba status. They were suppsoed to close at CG in July and open another place but not sure what the current situation is. We love CG and have stayed there over 15 times some with LL packages. The reef is great for off shore snorkeling. That said really can't recommend it at this time. There have been some recent negative reviews on Trip Advisor. The Cobblers Cove auction on Barbados looks interesting. Ku on Anguilla is very nice. Sometimes Cuisinart and Cove Castles on Anguilla also have auction packages.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

HowardC
Thanks for the warning about Coral Gardens changes. It might be better to book them another time when things settle. Heard there are also changes going on at Biras Creek right now, and that also looked interesting. We've been to Tortola before and love BVI in general.

May bid on one of the Sivory packages, but most likely will now book August trip to Barbados after some great input from Lois. Her tips are the best for anyone traveling to Barbados!!!

Again, thanks. marcie_b
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Marcie--Have used Lois' tip sheet. She's a real Barbados expert. Found Barbados a little touristy especially Holetown when the cruise ships are in. Went on a snorkel trip and it was marginal. Forgot to mention if you go to www.debbiesdominicantravel.com and do a search for Sivory there are some pictures that I posted
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM

I have used Luxury Link for several vacations.
I love not having to worry about a hotel bill after the vacation is over.
All the hotels we have stayed with Luxury Link have been just lovely.
I will keep using them.
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM

I to read in the April issue of Travel Leisure magazine that there were changes. I called and was told the owners are NOT selling but some changes in positions at the resort were under consideration. If you have any specifics I would like to know ASAP in that we have reserved an Ocean Suite in Dec. and it is not too late to cancel based on solid information.
As for Luxury Link I used it twice and was quite satisfied but mant people have said they only saved a few hundred dollars. I saved about $700 and $~500. I would welcome experiences of savings on Bidding vs, Buy Now.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 05:56 AM

Stankase--The situation at CG is very complicated and too long to go into here. Coyaba did close at Coral Gardens and will reopen at Caribbean Paradise Inn in Oct. CG is going to open a new restaurant. They are building Windsong just east of CG and I heard construction has started on Touscan to the west so there will be some construction noise for some time. Suggest that you go to tripadvisor.com and read some recent CG reviews if you haven't already. Don't know if you can send me a private message on this forum but if you go to www.tciforum.com you can send me a private message there so we can discuss this subject further and also LL.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 03:47 AM

Coral Gardens luxury? Hmmm. Other great auctions by Point Grace and Turks and Caicos Club (also by the reef) that are better. Just make sure to call the hotels before you bid to see if they have availability and don't book air until you do.