Search

LuxuryLink.com ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LuxuryLink.com ?

I have just been looking at some of the packages they have and they seem to really be good.

Has anyone had any recent experiences with bidding on these auctions?

Any tips for bidding on them? Is it like ebay at all?

Thanks in advance...
Debi
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 04:57 AM

Do a Luxury Link search on this forum and you will find lots of comments. I have won quite a few auctions and have been very pleased. Among them are Sivory Puntas Cana (twice--It's a Dutch auction so read the rules and you can get a good deal), Jamaica Inn, Ku' on Anguilla, Blue Haven on Tobago, Coral Gardens on Provo, Beach House Barbuda, Bucaneer St Croix (Nobody else bid) etc. Establish what you want to Pay and don't get carried away in last minute bidding. If you miss out the package will normally appear again within a week. Luxury Link is a reputible site and I have never been disappointed. Have never done E-bay so can't compare
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Howard! I did do a search on here [there wasn't that much and it wasn't too current] and also using other info sources last night after posting this Q. Seems folks who have had good experiences love it and those who have had bad ones hate it.

Debi
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 06:18 AM

I bid on Bucaneer, too, and leaving on Thur to start our trip. I think, like ohter auction sites, you need to do research. I would say the package is not heavyly discounted, but it is somewhat cheaper than the market price. Be sure the blockout dates will be fine with you.

- HowardC

Among all the Luxury Link auctions you have won, which one is your favorite?
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 07:18 AM

Genghis--A toss up between Sivory Punta Cana and Ku' on Anguilla. Going to Sivory again the end of Nov. If you go to www.debbiesdominicantravel.com and do a Sivory search you should be able to see my pictures and a trip report. Hope to see you at Bucaneer and we can talk further about that auction. We are in a Luxury Beachfront Doubloon suite at Bucaneer. Ask at the desk for Howard Cann
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 07:03 AM

I have used LL several times and have been very pleased with the packages. Haven't bought one yet this year but wouldn't hesitate.
I always call the resort I want to bid on first, check the dates available and also ask what their best rates are to compare the price on LL to see if its that good of a deal. Most of the time LL is better if it includes taxes. Ditto what Howard said, especially about setting your price and not getting carried away -- I got into the last minute bidding war on one of mine but I still came out ahead.

I've never bid on a trip on eBay so can't help on that one.

Sheila
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 08:06 AM

Howard I am anxious to hear your review of The Buccaneer. It has long been on our list to visit but lately reviews have been so mixed that it has scared us away. I always read your info on T & C, Anguilla, etc. etc. and you sure do travel a great deal. I'm jealous!