Reload this Page >

Looking for a new island.......

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Marie

This past Spring my husband and I stayed at Cap Juluca in Anguilla. We absolutely loved it. We enjoyed the luxury aspect but also how it wasn't stuffy or a huge hotel resort. We loved the beach, the service, the rooms, the friendly people, and the great restaurant options. Although it was somewhat pricy it was well worth it. Are there other islands that offer a similar feel at certain resorts? We would go back to Anguilla but we feel we shouldn't limit ourselves - and want to see what else is out there. Any input would be great!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:32 AM
janie

i am curious as well, we went to cuisinart resort on anguilla and loved it also, we went back again...Im looking for a new place as well? not stuffy, luxurious, excellent beaches, wonderful people, good food....any ideas out there?<BR><BR>thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Nancee

Just was at Discovery.com-Travel Channel and went to luxury section-tropical paradises--you can read list. No. 1 was Petit St. Vincent, St. Vincent.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Sandy

This is just my opinion, but I would NOT call PSV a luxury resort. Nothing like Cap Juluca at all.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Nancee

Discovery.com-Travel Channel-"Worlds Best Lists"--"Extravagant Travel"--"Island Paradises", not intended as the best luxury resort, but the best paradise destination.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Howard

We have been to Anguilla 12 times and loved it. Had the same dilema--Where to go next. If you like Anguilla you'll love Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos. Fantastic beach and water. We have been there 12 times the most recent April and last week. The last 7 times we have stayed at Coral Gardens which we love. Go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Turks and Caicos and reviews. I have a review of CG and restaurant recommendations on that site. Feel free to E-mail me for more info

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Cindy

For something very romantic and different you could try the Montpelier Plantation Inn in Nevis. Cuisine has won awards and the grounds are lush. If you like hiking, the rainforest is nearby. They have a private beach club at Pinney's Beach next to 4 Seasons. Montpelier is quieter than 4 Seasons and has excellent service--expensive. You can get more info with Google-- "Montpelier Plantation Inn"--maybe Where2Stay.com has reviews from other travelers plus photos/rates.<BR>Also, Eden Rock in St. Barts has been rated as one of the most romantic resorts in the Caribbean.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:27 AM
kathleen

My husband and I are going to cap juluca for the first time this fall - cant wait. I have travelled to most of the carribean and I loved Biras Creek on the island of Virgin Gorda check it out at Biras.com all meals (3) are included and all watersports including your own boston whaler for exploring. It is quiet (60 guests at time)luxurious and romantic-my husband and I were also married there. Highly recommended excellent food and service