Just got backf from Elbow Beach Bermuda

Jul 25th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Just got backf from Elbow Beach Bermuda

Hi there fellow travellers. My husband and I just returned from Elbow Beach Club in Bermuda yesterday. I'm happy to answer questions about the resort and/or the island itself.
Best Regards,
Jul 25th, 2006, 09:45 AM

hi bock64
What did you enjoy most about the island?
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi there JAGIRL.
To answer your question, I would say that the beaches were likely the best part, followed by the dining. We ate in some awesome restaurants and enjoyed it all. This was an anniversary trip without our kids, so it was very romantic and very relaxing. Elbow Beach Club is a nice, high end resort that offers alot of amenities including an excellent spa. Happy to answer any other specific questions.
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM

Hi bock64. What restaurants did you go to? How was the food/prices? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Hi there, we went to Blu which is the restaurant attached to the Belmont Golf Club....it was excellent....we ate with a glass of wine each for about $130.00. We went to Four Ways. Very Elegant, piano player through dinner....excellent food and service, but more of a special restaurant. Not cheap...$160 only 1 glass of wine. We also went to Coconuts which is part of the Reefs. A spectacular setting right on the beach....call ahead to see if you can get a table right on the beach. Failing that, ask for table right on the railing. Food was good but not great, price was around $140.00. We also had two dinners at Portofino's in Hamilton. Much more reasonable. Two people can get away with $60.00 with a couple glasses of wine. I personally loved this place. We went there on our first night and our last night. The food is very good and very authentically italian (I know...I"m Italian) The pasta's are very good. The cappelini with Seafood is delicious. Pizza's are good but are not wood oven if that's important to you. Everything we had there both nights was outstanding. We stayed at Elbow beach so most of our lunches were at Mickey's which is very good but pricey. They make an excellent veggie burger and an outstanding chicken and mango salad.
Feel free to email me with any other specific questions you have.
oh by the way, we went to the Dockyards, it was ok. I think we should have gone to St. Georges instead...we ran out of time and couldn't do both.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:54 AM

I will be staying at Elbow Beach later this month. I have heard some negative things about the hotel and would like to know more about your impressions? What sort of room did you have at the hotel? Was it a long walk from the beach to the hotel? How was the service? How were the restaurants at the hotel? Thank you!
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:35 AM

JAGIRL, does your post mean your Bermuda trip may be back ON? Or are you just planning ahead.... Hope it's on
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM

cantstayhome
It's off for this year. But I'm still hoping for next year. So I'm gathering all my info

I'm also hoping to do a St. Lucia run next year as well.
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:20 AM

Hi Bock, I too would appreciate an overall opinion of the hotel, (rooms, service, restaurants, grounds). We have stayed on Bermuda several times, but have always been at the Reefs or Southampton Fairmont. I have been to the beach at Elbow and thought it was clearly the nicest hotel beach.
Any reports on the rest of the resort would be much appreciated.
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:40 AM

My husband and I are going to Bermuda next July for our 20th anniversary. We originally wanted to stay at Elbow but then we read so many bad reviews we began to look at the reefs and cambridge. We also read very mixed reviews on those.....so we are back at square one ....
Could you tell me which buildings at Elbow would have the best views? If we go, we already know we would not stay in the main building unless it is renovated...too many horror stories.

What building were you in and how was your view?

thanks-
T