3 great restaurants

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 great restaurants

My husband and I have only 3 nights and 4 days in Bermuda this July. What would you suggest as not to miss dining. It's my 45th birthday. Thank you very much
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:24 AM

hi singer,

my husband and i have been to bermuda nearly a dozen times since honeymooning there at the fairmount souththampton over 25 years ago. some of our favorites are coconuts at the reefs resort. absolutely beautiful dining on the beach. they have five tables set directly on the beach and during sunset it takes your breath away. reservations are a definite must for this well in advance. the colors and the scenery seem to change as the sun sets, you can walk on the small beach inbetween courses and they serve a glass of champagne upon arrival. dining with your bare feet in the sand set on a gorgeous beach is a must do when we are on the island. and the staff treat you like royalty whether or not you are a guest at the resort.

another favorite which we recently discovered is king louie viii, the food here was amazing, we thought it would be just ok, going there for the music, a pub atmosphere, but we were very pleasantly surprised by how wonderful the food was and how much variety there was.

yet another place that we love, which holds more sentimental value than anything is the newport room in the fairmount southampton. elegant dining, jackets a must, very small and intimate, service was outstanding with wonderful food and friendly waiters. the lounge right outside of this restaurant is nice to have a drink in as well. the restaurant on the beach at this resort, waterlot i believe is the name, was also nice for the atmosphere and the food is good as well. anyplace that has decent food and offers a walk on the beach, whether it is sunset or moonlit is a must for us.

four winds is yet another restaurant where the food is incredible, but the service is a little sketchy...our bus boy was tipped more than our waiter...i'll leave it at that ! but we did have a wonderful meal there.

have a wonderful time, bermuda is an amazing place.

we are going to antiqua this summer, staying at the carlisle...it was a tough decision not returning to bermuda, but we will definately go back to our "honeymoon paradise" some day in the near future !
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM

It looks like albee gave you some great suggestions, but if you'd like more input from other Fodorites, you might want to consider reposting this question with Bermuda in the title, since all messages that are posted here come up in the general Caribbean forum.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. I will make a reservation for Coconuts and the Newport Room. Have a great time at the Carlisle in Antigua. Singer
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 03:47 AM

We have also been to this stunning little island well over 20 times. One of our favorites is the restaurant at The Waterloo House, it has a true Bermudian feeling--you can dine outside in July.

Agua at Ariel Sands, is nice too. Its the same restauranteur who runs our other little favorite Frescos. You dine almost on the sand.

Its been years since I have been to
The Newport Room, Albee622, I will have to try it again. How do I always miss
Cocconuts---nice setting, great staff.

Do you mean Henry the VIII's on South Road?

Albee622, you will enjoy Carlise Bay.
We stayed there for a few nights when
they first opened.

Singer8, Bermuda is a special island-
Happy Birthday.

Old Jun 4th, 2006, 07:50 AM

......ooops ! thank you penny for the correction, i got my kings mixed up !
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

thank you guys for all your help. I can't wait. singer8