Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

How is the beach on 7MB in Grand Cayman?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 03:10 AM
beachlover

How is the beach on 7MB in Grand Cayman?<BR><BR>From reading some of the posts, it sounds like alot of the beach has rocky areas. Is this true?<BR><BR>I was so impressed with Aruba because you found very little rocks along Palm Beach.<BR><BR>Can you please advice and let me know of a good beach for accomodation. Would prefer hotel, but am open to a condo.<BR><BR>We are not planning on cooking during our vacation, so a kitchen is not a necessity.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 03:48 AM
marisol

The beach is nice in Grand Cayman. The two nicest hotels are Westin or Hyatt. If you're just looking for something affordable that is still well located, try the Treasure Island, very close to town or the Holiday Inn, with a little nicer beach area.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Ted

Without a doubt, the Westin is located on the nicest stretch of 7MB as far as hotels are concerned. The Hyatt is located across the street from the beach, and has very limited rooms on the beach side. If you pick a condo, anywhere from the mid-section of 7MB to the northern end will be very nice. You will find small areas of rock/coral all along 7MB, but they are easily avoided in most areas, and certainly less prevalent in the areas I mentioned. If you want to avoid rocky areas, avoid the southern end of 7MB.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Leilani

I concur with Ted. We've stayed at the Westin and it's a very nice hotel with a beautiful beach.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Trish

The Westin does have the most beautiful beach. You can also stroll along the waterfront until you find an area that you like. It is rocky further south around Georgetown and down by the Grand Old House. I would pass on staying at the Westin and look at some of the condo's. There were people all over the beach at the Westin that came from the condo's across the street.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Carol

Dear beachlover - We have been going to Grand Cayman for the last five years. We always stay at the Westin. The beach is perfect! If you call the Hotel directly they have units that are directly on the beach. First floor and second floor unit. Have fun! Carol