Search

Leaving in 20 days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
Tomas

Leaving in 20 days

We will be leaving for Montego Bay in 20 days on our honeymoon. We are staying at Sandals Montego Bay and are very excited!!!<BR>Just wondering if anyone has any last minute advice, suggestions or comments. <BR><BR>Thanks for the input.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Brenda

Hire a JUTA driver to take you shopping on Gloustershire. You can get some really good deals. I didn't stay on a resort, but I enjoyed everything on Gloustershire, the Hip Strip.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:16 AM
CAYMAN420

Make the trip to negril for the day.<BR>Dont miss 7 mile beach (alfred's on the beach) and the pickled parrot on the cliffs. It's also worth going to ricks to people watch. And, smoke lots of the good ganja!!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Lisa

We went there about 2 years ago and it was by far the best time we've had. We've been to many tropical places but this was perfect. The water was like bath water, the weather was about 82 the whole time. The only thing that got old was everything was made from goat. Goat burgers (because they don't have beef because they're afraid of the mad cows disease, so a local told us.) Goat milk, goat cheese, everything. When we got back we just craved a real hamburger and a pizza with real cheese. Other than that Sandals was excellent. Beautiful rooms and excellent, friendly service. Any more questions feel free to e-mail me. Enjoy your trip!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Statia

Don't miss Dunn's River Falls. We also enjoyed An Evening on the Great River, if it's still offered.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 06:07 AM
X

Lisa: Are you saying you can't get beef (a good steak) anywhere on the island? If I can only get goat, then sorry, but Jamaica's off my list of future places to visit. Please tell me it's not true.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:51 AM
traveler

My daughter and future son-in-law (they are also 10/8/02) will be there at the same time! Perhaps you will meet up.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:57 PM
ss

X - The locals might eat goat burgers, but Sandals imports it's beef from the USA. You can keep Jamaica on your list if you don't plan on eating with the locals all the time.