where to stay in grand cayman

Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to stay in grand cayman

my family of 5 would like to go to grand caymen this summer and were thinking about staying at either the marriott (not the courtyard)or the westin. we like to snorkle and have shelter from the sun on the beach and by the pool. just wondering if anyone has any input in either of these places. thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cvechko

Have only stayed at The Hyatt on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach has a lot of restaurants, etc. - it is great. There is snorkeling off the beach but the best snorkeling right off the beach is on the North Side/Cayman Kai area. You can snorkel out to the reef.

North Side/Cayman Kai area is our favorite spot on the planet.You practically have the beach to yourself, etc. It is totally different than Seven Mile Beach. Cayman Villas and another group have several houses to rent on that side. However, our favoite place to stay is at the Cayman Kai Sea Lodges. To check them out, goto http://www.caymanhaven.com or http://www.sealodgical.com/.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM

We just got back.My family of 6 (my mom,3 boys ages 11,8 and 3,my husband and me) stayed at Discovery Point Club condos on West Bay beach.It was a great place to stay.It has a pool and hot tub right on the beach.

You can find any specials for it at www.caymanvacations.com

Christie
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 05:40 PM

We were in Grand Cayman last week and stayed at the Westin. Very beautiful hotel, immaculate grounds, helpful and courteous staff. Excellent snorkeling right off the beach in front of Red Sail Sports (they have a small office at the Westin beach). Lots of palm trees around the very beautiful pool for shade. The swim-up bar was shady most of the time also (spent a lot of time there!!!)
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM

Don't believe the Marriott Resort has much in the way of shelter from the sun on the beach or pool.