Hotel in Key West, FL

Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
KVR
Original Poster

Hotel in Key West, FL

I know this is the Caribbean forum, but I thought many may have been to Key West at one time and could help. I also posted on the US forum.

We recently changed our 10th wedding anniversary from Jamaica to Key West (much less expensive and somewhere new) I've been looking around for places to stay, but there are just so many to chose from.

What we are looking for is quite, adult's only or adult oriented, on or very close to Duval Street. We want to be able to walk to restaurants, bars and shopping. An included breakfast woud be great. Something cute with a really nice pool. I like the look of Duval House. Any info on this hotel? Any other recommendations?

Also, what would be a good restuarant for our anniversary? I was thinking open air, maybe on the beach, candels or tiki torches.
Jan 22nd, 2010, 12:30 PM

Check out Heron House.
Jan 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM

Love Heron House! Also really love the Banyan -- even though it is a timeshare they usually have rooms/apartments for rent by the night, and I adore the atmosphere there - but I don't think they have breakfast. I have friends that really enjoyed Simonton Court, but I've never stayed there.
Jan 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
KVR
Original Poster

I really like the look of Simonton Court. There are so many rooms to chose from though. I have no idea where to start. Are any of the pools heated and do they offer any type of breakfast. Their web-site didn't give much info except for the room descriptions.
Jan 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM

My favorite is Cypress House. Wonderful breakfast, awesome happy hour, and an absolutely incredible staff. A block from Duval, a few blocks from the Key West bight. The rooms certainly aren't the fanciest on the island, but they're clean and welcoming.