Reload this Page >

HELP..with Key West Lodging!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Mike

I'm in need for any suggestions with Key West accomodations. We are a mid-twenties couple looking to spend some time at a peaceful, quiet, and quaint inn or resort that is in close proximity to Duval Street. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Amanda

Mike- My boyfriend and I went to Key West in May and stayed at the Seascape Inn. I don't remember the street, but it's less than half a block from Duval. It's a B&B with maybe 8 rooms, a hot tub in the back, and breakfast on a patio every morning. They rent bikes there- very convenient. It's in the same block as the Hemingway House and is about halfway between Mallory Square and the Atlantic side. I think we only paid $90 for our room. We'd definitely stay there again.

Hope that helps!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Scotty

We stayed at the Southernmost Hotel not too long ago and found it very nice. It is nothing spectacular but a nice value for the money. The room was very clean, staff was very nice, and the pool area never seemed to get to crazy.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:32 AM
susan

Duval runs the width of Key West from the Gulf to the Atlantic. The Gulf side is where the sunset celebrations and most of the restaurants and tourist activities are. As a general rule, places to stay on the Atlantic are less expensive. If you'd prefer the Atlantic side, the Southernmost Hotel has 3 sister properties that frequently get better reviews than it does. Apparently Southernmost on the Beach and LaMer Hotel have recently been renovated and the 3rd sister property is Dewey House. Those 3 are all directly on the beach. If you prefer to be closer to the Gulf (and if money is no object) the Heron House and Marquesa Hotel get rave reviews. We've stayed at the Hyatt, the Galleon and the Ocean Key Resort on Front Street facing the water, but I'm not sure any of them would qualify as quiet and peaceful.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Owen O'Neill

It will help to know your desired price range/budget and what time of year you plan to go (there are high and low seasons).

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Stacie

Mike, my boyfriend and I have stayed at Simonton Court two years in a row. It's very quaint and quiet. Great get away. Check out their site at www.simontoncourt.com
Hope this helps.