Key West Accommodation in May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning on spending 3 nights in Key West in mid May. We would like to stay in a charming B&B, with a pool, in the Historic District, preferably not right on Duval St. Does anyone have anywhere really great that they'd recommend as there are so many posted on the web, all of which look nice? We'd appreciate some recommendations from someone who has stayed somewhere very special! Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:34 PM

The Marquesa Hotel gets the best reviews of anyplace in Key West. I recommended it to neighbors who stayed there and loved it.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:46 PM

Also take a look at the Gardens Hotel...I've stayed at both and they are both top notch, but the Gardens is on a larger,lusher and bit more charming property that was formerly a private estate. There's a little less traffic on the grounds especially near the pool, and a decent continental breakfast that's part of your stay...I'll be there in three weeks time... can't wait...

P.S. the Marquesa Cafe restaurant offers some of the best dining on the Key, so try to get in there for dinner.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:12 AM

If you don't want to spend as much money as it costs to stay at Marquesa, take a look at Island City House. Very nice pool. Ask for one of the rooms in the original house with a veranda. Very nice and not very expensive. Good location too.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:42 AM
cd

LMK
Check out: http://www.keywestharborinn.com/
The Harbor Inn
We paid $165.00 per night in peak season. The gardens are lovely with a small pool and hot tub where complimentary breakfast is served each morning and complimentary cocktails served at 5:00 each afternoon. Our room was nice but small.If we went back we would ask for a larger one, they all have hardwood floors which I really love! You know your not walking on dirty carpet. This property's location cannot be beat. We were right around the corner from the marina, 2 blocks from Duvall and 3blocks from Mallory Square. It is a gated hotel and once you use your key and walk into the gardens the noise is gone.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:08 AM

I would also recommend Simonton Court. We had a suite with a kitchenette, a private hot tub and a pool shared with only one other unit, in addition to the main pool. Charming.