Search

honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honeymoon

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon. We would like to go to the Caribbean. We would like to go to a unique place where there are differnt things to do (rather than only sitting on the beach). I have already been to Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos. Does anyone have a fabulous suggestion?
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Since you have traveled to quite a few Caribbean locations, maybe you could tell us what you liked/disliked about th islands you visited.

"A unique place" can be defined in so many different ways, and it would be helpful to know what activites you most enjoy.

If you can give a little more information, I know you'll get more helpful responses

When is the honeymoon ?

Marion

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Any island in the Grenadines. They're all so close you can have a field day island hopping. Lots of history and nature on the Mainland (St.Vincent).
I have been traveling to SVG for 13 yrs and still ALWAYS manage to find something new and interesting to enjoy. But I also enjoy the beaches too! Check out Young Island's website. It is just off the coast of St.V. at Villa Beach. Congradulations.

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Well, we really like the different excursions. In Grand Cayman we loved Sting ray city, in the Bahamas swimming with Dolphins on Blue Lagoon, and in PR hiking through the rain forest. We are very active and love to have things planned to do with maybe one or two days to hang on the beach.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:09 PM

I'd suggest that you look into Nevis. You can get lots of info here by typing Nevis into the search box.

There are many romantic places to stay. Montpelier Plantation Inn, and Nisbet Plantation get wonderful reviews.

The neighboring island of St. Kitts (a ferry ride away ) would give you the opportunity for more exploring.

I have never visited Nevis/St. Kitts...but I do read a lot ;-)...and think either might answer your request for unique !

It's great that you've given more information here. You'll get a lot of opinions/advice. Just take some notes and do some research and keep asking specific questions ;-)

Marion
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:09 PM

It seems like St. Lucia has become a very popular honeymoon destination. The Ladera resort is supposed to be fantastic, as is Jalousie (but it was just purchased from Hilton). St. Lucia is supposed to have that wow factor.

I know this is the Caribbean board but one of my good friends went on her honeymoon last month to the Four Seasons in Costa Rica. It's on the beach, which of course isn't the white sand that you'd find in Turks and Caicos. But she loved it because they were able to do things like swinging in the jungle, canopy tours, etc. She said the service was amazing at the resort, the food and drinks weren't nearly as expensive as they would be at other 4S properties. Also, the nightly rates weren't as much as say the 4S in Nevis. I looked at her pictures and the room looked great (they gave her an upgrade b/c she was on her honeymoon) as well as the grounds themselves.

You might also want to look at St. Kitts and Nevis. Folks on this board seem to love these islands. The most popular lodging choices seem to be Montpelier Plantation Inn and Nisbet Plantation on Nevis.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM

Marion:

We must of posted our replies at the same time. Great minds think alike!
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:12 PM

Mah...

Another example of posts crossing, and great minds thinking alike ;-)

And we both stay up too late

Marion
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM

We're on central time in Louisiana, so it's not as late as it seems. Although I do stay up way too late sometimes.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM

OK...now this is scary

I'll stop before we both run out of cliches

Marion
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 05:18 AM

I think the previous suggestions of Montpelier or Nisbet on Nevis, and of Ladera or Jalousie on St. Lucia are perfect. A combined stay at the two hotels on either island would provide a perfect blend of romance, service, ambience, beach time, and gracious living.

And thought I've never been to either, Costa Rica or Belize would also be good places to start, though from what I've read the rainy seasons in central america are more pronounced and affect travel a bit more than the summer season in the Caribbean, hurricanes notwithstanding.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 11:59 AM

Kristy - I think Nevis would be a good place. There are a lot of activities there.

Horseback riding
Hiking in the rainforest - lots of monkeys - you can also get a guided hike which is fun
Snorkeling / Diving / Windsurfing
Visiting the botanical gardens
Mountain Biking
Sitting on the beach
Sailing
Deep sea fishing
Tennis
Golf at Four Seasons
Spa at the Four Seasons
And of course eating