Search

Honeymoon Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Help

We are looking for any suggestions on a romantic (affordable) honeymoon destination. Have been to Cayman Islands and Aruba, so want to try someplace new. Curacao, Bahamas, St. John? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM

What about St Kitts? Somewhere like Ottleys Plantation Inn is very romantic. Looks like you want to stay in the northern Caribbean, but a little further south is Belair Plantation in Grenada and Ti Kaye and Ladera in St Lucia. Good luck.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM

Curacao is a distinctive island and would give you some superb restaurant choices. Our best advice? Make a reservation at Bistro Le Clochard, go early and enjoy a drink overlooking the harbor and enjoy the sunset view. We got married in Hawaii, but I imagine that if we were going to get married again in the Caribbbean, that Curacao might be one of our choices. We stayed at the Marriott and found the staff to be very attentive and the grounds and pool area were beautiful.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM

We'll be better able to help you with more info from you. What time of year will you be honeymooning and what is an approximate budget? Affordable to one person can be cheap or expensive to another. Also, what did you like best about Aruba and Grand Cayman that you might like to duplicate for your next trip? What about those islands would you prefer *not* to have on your honeymoon, if anything?

Tell us more about what you want in your honeymoon. Seclusion? Mild nightlife, hopping nightlife, or none at all? Shopping? Cultural sites? Gambling? Watersports and which ones? Other sports like golf or tennis? English-speaking? Hotel, inn, resort, villa? How important is a beach to you? Must it be white sand with blinding turquoise waters? (Many of the lusher islands have darker sand beaches and more interesting interiors to explore. Many of the white sand beach islands have flat and scrubby interiors. There are also a few islands that offer the best of both worlds.)

Do you mind making a little effort to get to your destination? Multiple airplanes and/or a ferry? Do you want to be able to fly non-stop to get there?
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Bajangirl...Knowing..and ejcrowe!
Ok...we are going on our honeymoon in May 2008. Price range between $200/night and no more than $350/night...all inclusive would be nice. Love beautiful beach and water, snorkeling, adventure/exploring, relaxing, great food, some shopping, and would like to feel like I'm on my honeymoon (no children and not too crowded)...but some nightlife would be nice. Would be nice to fly non-stop..but if the price is right..would be willing to jump on a ferry or additional plane to get to a beautiful place. Just having a hard time finding a destination for my honeymoon that isn't super expensive. Always wanted to go to Tahiti for my honeymoon..doing the research and finding out the expense..we are obviously not going there! lol... ANY help is so appreciated!