Search

High Tea in Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Tea in Bermuda

Any suggestions for the best place for high tea in Bermuda? Attending for husband's company event and need to plan a day - shopping/tea/spa for the gals.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM

Best shopping is in Hamilton along Front St and Reid St. Suggest you check out the Irish Linen Shop, Cecile, the Island Shop and AS Cooper's.
Tea at either Fairmont Hamilton Princess or Waterloo(my favorite).
Spa: Fairmont Southhampton, Willow Stream or Cambridge Beaches.

Have a wonderful time!
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks cmcfong. We're staying at the Fairmont Southampton and already have two dinners booked at Waterloo. Looks like we should be at least in for some fun!
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 04:04 AM

Have a wonderful visit, Lori. It is a beautiful island!
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

We just returned from Bermuda and had high tea at the Fairmont Princess. There is a private ferry (no charge) from the Fairmont Southampton to the Fairmont Princess. The hotel concierge arranged our reservations--choice of "rum tea" or regular tea. Typical selection of sandwiches, scones, and sweets. Our server brought two types of jam for the coconut scones--lime and kumquat. The lime was my favorite. The tea selection was a little disappointing--limited selection and unimaginative (the usuals--Earl Grey, Darjeeling, etc.)
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 06:55 AM

Lori, how were your meals at the Waterloo House? Are you going to do a trip report?
Welcome home.
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Sorry--yes, planning a trip report but been swamped with the holidays.

The meal at the Waterloo House had its ups and downs. The setting is magnificent and I would have loved to have stayed there--at least for a night! We also had friends you dined at the Waterloo the same night, different table. Very bad reviews from them.

The service is very good and the food is good, not great. They try very hard, but it's not quite up to par with some of the better restaurants I've dined at. All in all, I wasn't impressed with any of the dining we tried in Bermuda.

High tea at the Fairmont was very nice and the coconut scones with lime marmelade was to die for--the savory sandwiches were just ok.

My favorite part of the trip was the spa--the Fairmont does a nice job here. We did spend an afternoon hitting the stores in Hamilton.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 03:59 AM

Thanks for posting, Lori. I will be in Bermuda next week so I will have to give those scones a try! Happy holidays.