Reload this Page >

Help with resort please!

Search

Help with resort please!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
Liz

Help with resort please!

Am beginning to plan a spring vacation with my 12 year old son. Looking at cruises, but we did that last year, so would be interested in something different. Any of you Fodor-ites have any suggestions for a resort for us 2? We both love the beach and water sports. My son would like to have other pre-teens around to hang with- and his mom would like good food and a bar that can make a good margarita.<BR><BR>Any and all suggestions would be welcomed!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:28 AM
david

Think about St Thomas...the Mariott Frenchman's Reef or Morningstar...low key, but with some water sports and the like...

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:52 AM
Liz

Thanks, David- will check it out. Anyone else?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:17 AM
Jean

Beaches Turks & Caicos and Cabana, Aruba were favorites with our kids.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:21 AM
denette

Liz,<BR>We have two sons(13 and 6) and great locations would be St. John, maybe the Westin( for the other pre-teens). We stayed at Caneel Bay but I would anticipate more kids at the Westin, and St. John is a fantastic island to get out every day and explore all the many places to snorkel right off the beach. <BR>The Turks and Caicos(Provo) would be a great place: to snorkel every day and enjoy the water sports you can find, it also has bone-fishing if your son is a fisherman like our two boys are. We stayed at Coral Gardens and while it is very family/kids friendly there were not any kids there our older son's age,several younger-toddler ages- (we were there in later April/early May- school still in session), but alot of kids at Beaches, but I can not give you an opinion of their resort. When we go back though we are going to stay at Coral Gardens for the convenience of snorkeling often every day and being able to come and go back up to condo for all those trips the kids make and the BIG styrofoam cups of margaritas we made every day and then sit and watch the kids do their thing.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:54 AM
Liz

Denette:<BR>Beaches is out of the question- way too much $. Have you seen/heard anything good about Allegro at T & C?<BR>I definitely want other pre-teens for my son to be with. Will check out the Westin. Thanks!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:11 AM
Liz

Well, I just looked at Westin- and is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! I guess I'm looking for a moderate resort- maybe an AI? Anyone have any ideas for us??

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
Lissette

You can sometimes get the Westin on Priceline for around $75 a night, which is an absolute steal.<BR>Also if you can buy an "Entertainment" book one of the participating hotels is Secret Harbor on St Thomas, a beautiful very family friendly resort on a spectacular beach.