Search

Frangipani

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2003, 09:41 AM
lud
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frangipani

Has anyone stayed here recently. Please provide both the good and the bad. Thanks
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:05 AM

Which Frangipani do you mean, the one on Anguilla or the one on Bequia? Have stayed at the first but not at the second.
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:55 AM
lud
Original Poster

The one in Anguilla
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:49 AM

We stayed there for our 2nd time for 10 days in November & are definitely planning to stay there on our next trip. The units are huge & the grounds are lovely & well-maintained; the staff is very nice & non-intrusive; the beach is breathtaking; there's a wonderfully under-used pool for when the Atlantic kicks up; it's a short drive to many of the best restaurants on the island. My morning walks on an almost deserted Meads Bay in the early morning are highlights of my life (& breakfast on th terrace is a close second). We haven't had any bad experiences there.
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:29 PM

Speaking of Frangipani, I have reservations for the Frangipani in Bequia in November. Anyone been to THAT one? and if so any thoughts on the hotel? Any other insights into Bequia??
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:36 PM

FYI, for November, the rate for a standard room at the Frangipani in Anguilla is $230 for a double room; in the Bequia Frangipani, the rate for a garden unit is $90 for a double room.
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:09 PM

Ok, Howard, I'll bite: Where's Bequia?
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:15 PM

MyrD - Bequia is the largest of the Grenadine Islands and part of the country St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Bequia is located about 100 miles west of Barbados, is about about 7 square miles, has a population of around 5,000. The largest hotel has about 30 rooms. There is one main town - Port Elizabeth, a bunch of nice beaches, and is known historically for whaling.
Old May 21st, 2003, 05:54 AM

( The other Howard)--I absolutely agree with MaryD's post. We started staying at Frangipani 6 months after it opened and have been back a dozen times. It is small quiet and intimate. Meads Bay Beach is great. All suites at Frangipani are condo suites with kitchens although you can get just a room and bath which are the second and third bedrooms of a condo. Suite 4 is a one bedroom, Suites 1 and 5 can be either one or two bedrooms, sites 3 and 6 can be 1-3 bedrooms and 7 is a junior efficiency suite. Suite 8 is the penthouse. For what you get it is the best deal for the dollar on Anguilla

For Howard--We went to Bequia in Nov about 10 years ago and stayed at Plantation House. They were just building the airport so you had to go via St Vincent by ferry which was an experience in itself. Did seee the Frangipani but did not look at rooms. As I recall it is not directly on the "beach". In fact the beach was practically non existant all the way to Port Elizabeth. Nothing like the pictures. Suspect it might have been the time of year and the tides. Bequia is called the Island in the Clouds and the clouds hung down over the mountain tops. Rain every day and not just your 15 min shower--downpours !!! It was quite an experience--everything that could possibly go wrong did. Only time I ever kept a diary of a trip. Lots of islands I would go to before I went back to Bequia