Ferry to St. John

Nov 16th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Ferry to St. John

I saw a previous post, indicating ferry times from Downtown. My question is whether or not the ferry location is within walking distance of the cruise ship docks? It's been a while since we were there last, and I don't recall. Also, it looks like the early ferry is the best bet. Are these things crowded?
Nov 16th, 2006, 02:10 PM

It's a long walk but it's doable. I'm assuming you mean the main cruise ship dock in Havensite since the Crown Bay dock is getting more use.

It's an easy taxi ride from Havensite. I don't know how crowded the ferry would be early in the AM.
Nov 17th, 2006, 02:04 PM

How far is the downtown ferry from the airport?
Nov 17th, 2006, 06:13 PM

A brief taxi ride. A little far to walk, IMO.
Nov 18th, 2006, 03:43 AM

ferry to airport too long and the road would be dangerous to walk it's about 5 dollars plus the suitcase fee. also chamber of commerce stopped storing luggage for folks shopping around town prior to departure. the art co-op (the light blue bldg across from the downtown ferry dock and the international market) will store you luggage for a nominal fee (1 to 3 dollars depending on bag size) it worked out great. the woman running the place even flagged down the cab for us!
Nov 18th, 2006, 04:33 AM

It's not too dangerous to walk unless you're talking late at night - it's just too far.