dining with toddler on St. John!

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dining with toddler on St. John!

We're taking our third trip to St. John in a few weeks, but this time, for the first time, we'll have a baby in tow.

I've been reading great posts about places to dine on the island, but would love advice about where to eat with a toddler! I think Chateau Bordeaux is probably out this trip -- we're looking for good food with relaxed kid-friendly dining, anywhere on the island. We're staying at the Westin but don't anticipate spending a lot of time there.

By kid-friendly I just mean someplace casual where we won't feel like our (generally well-behaved) toddler is bothering other diners. We tend to eat a lot earlier these days, when it's mostly other families dining, so maybe there are "nicer" restaurants that would be appropriate at that time of day?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 10:56 AM

We were there last February with two toddlers and threee older kids and did okay at Cafe(or was it Villa?) Roma in Cruz Bay - did okay with the kids at Cafe Wahoo as well - also enjoyed dinner with the kids at Pastory Gardens. None of these are fancy but they were decent enough for my wife and I. The Westin, while for the most part is kid-friendly, seemed decidely not when it came to meal options for the kids.

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 12:08 PM

If you're in the Coral Bay area I'd recommend Skinny Legs, Island Blues, or Shipwreck Landing. All are very casual and laid back.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Laurie - We're going to St. John this Sunday and will be back March 2nd. We'll be traveling with a 3 & 6 year old. You're welcome to e-mail me and I'll tell you what our experiences were: [email protected]
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:54 AM

Mongoose Restaurant in Mongoose Junction would be fine
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Ali25

Toddlers & older kids are generally happy with tacos & Mex food. We had fun and good food at Margarita Phil's at Mongoose Junction last week!