Destination Wedding Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM
cmw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Destination Wedding Help

Hi,
I am from Toronto, Canada planning a destination wedding for the first week of December (just before the rates go up) and was wondering whether anyone knew of any small AI resorts in the caribbean that are reasonably priced? We do not want an assembly-line wedding at a large resort where we are one of many getting married that day, we are looking for something a little more intimate for our 30 guests. Any recommendations of small AI resorts in the caribbean (except for D.R. and Cuba) would be greatly appreciated !!
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM

Talk to a local travel agent. They would have access to alot more info for package deals and AI's, you can probably work out an arrangement including airfare that would be significantly discounted for a group that large.

Good luck
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 04:11 AM
MNA

I was married in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico this past spring, and it was absolutely perfect. From the ceremony on the beach to our private reception we never had a problem. The hotel and wedding coordinator were wonderful. We never felt part of an assembly-line (actually I think they only have one wedding per day). The hotel, although large, provided for ALL of the needs of our 50 guests.

I know that Mexico is not a Caribbean island, but if you ever think of Mexico as a place for your wedding, please do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM

For MNA:
I too am looking to have a destinatin wedding and I am going back and forth between the caribbean and Mexico. Where in the Mayan Riveria did you have your wedding?
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 12:17 PM

Have you considered getting married on the beach rather than at the hotel? I have also seen people charter a boat and get married on that. In the carribean there are many places to get married (I don't know about mexico- never been). On St.John, our favorite island, there is one AI, Caneel Bay Resort (but it is pricey). The other hotel is The Westin which I don't think offers AI but does have a few restaurants there. Another option would be renting villas. Sometimes you can find a few houses right near eachother. Gallow's Point Resort is also very nice. They are suites with excellent views and full kitchens. They do weddings and would definately NOT be assembly-line style. The island is very quiet and quaint.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 01:19 PM
MNA

Hi fsleeps,

We were married at the Bahia Principe Tulum, and we would highly recommend the resort.

If you haven't already, search through Debbies Caribbean Resort Review website for wedding reviews. http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev.../weddings.html

If you have any questions regarding this specific resort, please do not hesitate to ask.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 01:58 PM
cmw
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, you're help is great appreciated. I will definitely check out some of your recommendations!!