Coyaba?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
Daphne

Coyaba?

Has anyone recenlty stayed at the Coyaba Resort? Everything I've seen looks great,location etc., but it looked as though the rooms might not be much to talk about...
Any general opinions on this resort would be appreciated!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:48 PM
Davis

as in Montego Bay, Jamaica? If so it's a very well run, pretty property on a very smallish beach. 15 min from airport. Beach bar and a couple of restaurants. Good choice overall. Rooms are nice.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Daphne

Actually, looking at Coyaba in Grenada. Thanks.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Susan

Daphne, I've been to the Coyaba but didn't stayed there, it looks very nice and the location is great if you want to be fairly central but the beach is over-run with vendors there,nice garden and pool. We stayed at the Rex which we liked better as we wanted a beachfront room.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Eva

Susan, I don't know when you were last in Grenada, but when I went in 12/00, the vendors were largely located in a government-built vendors' market further north on Grand Anse beach. We weren't bothered at all.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Susan

Hi Eve, we were there in March 2001, we walked from the vendors market to Spice Island and were stopped at least 10 times, when we got to Spice Island there were at least 6 of them pestering the people on their sunbeds, this put me off Spice Island as there was no fence. I think the Rex is too far away for them!