Grand P or Jolly Beach - Antigua

Aug 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Grand P or Jolly Beach - Antigua

Please help. My Mom and I need to chose between these 2. We don't like nightlife. Just need a quiet, beautiful resort.
Any advice?
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

ttt, Anyone???
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Jolly Beach is a great bargain, but it's not that nice of a resort. It is, however, situated on a beautiful beach and is closer to most restaurants and shopping on the island.

Grand Pineapple isn't luxe, but it's a step or two up from Jolly Beach. Its on a nice beach, too, but one that is much smaller. It's relatively isolated and will be quieter. It's also smaller.

I am not a fan of all inclusives in general, but I would definitely go for Grand Pineapple than Jolly Beach.
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:40 PM

There was a recent post regarding the Jolly Beach. It was very negative. I remember the poster saying the resort was nice looking, but the accomodations are horrible.
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM

I would suggest Grand P because a friend stayed there and loved it. I would agree with ejcrowe, Jolly Beach looked to be a decent, AI-type of place, but we thought it was an area of the island that wasn't as appealing.

I also would suggest Galley Bay Cottages, not to be confused with Galley Bay Resort. GBC's website is down since we stayed there, but it's THE best kept secret.

If you e-mail Natalie Murphy. natalieatcandw.ag. She can definitely give you all info and current rates. When we stayed there, our cottage was roughly $125 a night, if memory serves me well. It was fully equipped with a kitchen, large living area, bedroom, and charming bath. It was quaint and private, replete with an oceanview deck. Just lovely.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me [email protected].
Happy travels.