Couples Sweptaway or Couples Negril?

Sep 19th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Couples Sweptaway or Couples Negril?

We are planning our honeymoon and can't decide between Couples Sweptaway or Couples Negril. Are beachfront suites worth the extra money and any particular room better?
Sep 19th, 2003, 07:18 PM

CN is a bit isolated on Bloody Bay. Very calm waters. Nice place, good location for serenity.

CSA is on 7 mile beach of Negril in the center of a lot of activities. CSA has no TV's. But... it's also very private if you stay on the resort. Nightlife is within walking distance.

Please look at pics of Bloody Bay vs. nearby Negril beaches to make a decision. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Sep 20th, 2003, 06:13 AM

Cn doesn't really have true beachfront rooms. you have beach views from what I've heard. CSA has truly beachfront rooms and the beach is much smoother. CN's beach has a lot of roots and things in the beach lounge area. very uncomfortable to walk in. Having just been to CSA to renew our vows, we thought the price for beachfront was worth it for the occasion. hope this helps!
Sep 20th, 2003, 07:49 AM

We have been fortunate enough to visit both.

Can't go wrong with either - both are very nice. Food is excellent. Entertainment similar at both. We preferred 7 mile beach over Bloody Bay.

We thought CSA rooms were a little more unique - more tropical and intimate feel. CN rooms were more like hotel rooms with bright, tropical decor.

We also liked the option of the fitness facility at CSA. Great workout options and great tennis option.

Beachfront at CSA are right on the beach. We stayed in an atrium room and really liked the privacy and the foliage. We had a partial view of the beach from our veranda (which was beautiful). I believe some of the views from the beachfront units may be blocked by palm trees at the back of the beach. There was a couple of units at the far end of the property (away from the dining area) that looked great with unblocked views.

SA does not have TVs. There are so many things to do - we had no desire to watch TV.....there is one in the sports bar if you have withdrawals.

As stated above - you will be happy with whichever you choose.
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:12 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with CANJPH. We honeymooned at CSA and visited CN this year. The lush, tropical feel was greater at CSA. We also had an atrium room and loved the verandah just private enough and allowed a glimpse of the ocean through the trees. It was the perfect "honeymoon" suite for us.

For those who place a priority on pools, the pool at CN is hands down better than at CSA and has a swim up bar.

You'll love either place.
Sep 21st, 2003, 04:25 AM

Atticus has a great point. The pool at CSA is small - but they do have a 7 lane swimming pool in the fitness area. CN has a big pool with a swim-up bar.

The swim-up pool was a nice option at CN and fun. But, I must say, with CSA right on 7 mile beach and the water 85 degrees - there is absolutely no need to sit around a pool - and there are bars right on the beach where you can sit and have a drink. CSA has a small pool near the dining area just behind the beach.

I only recall a few people using the pool at CSA - everyone sat at the beach.