Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

How much is the ferry ride between Anguilla and St. Martin?

Oct 21st, 2002, 12:05 PM
Jane

Does anyone know how much the roundtrip ferry ride from Anguilla to St. Martin (and vice versa) is per person? I was quoted $60 per person by one source and $23-25 per person from another.

Also, in general, how much do taxi/van rides cost per person from the Anguilla airport to most hotels on the island?

Thanks!

Oct 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
Mary

There's a $3 departure tax from Anguilla to St. Martin & a $2 departure tax from St. Martin to Anguilla. The ferry itself is $10 each way. Cap Juluca will get their people thru customs, handle luggage & get you on the ferry for $60 & that' where that figure comes from.

Oct 21st, 2002, 12:57 PM
Me Again

Missed the 2nd part of your question: from the airport to Shoal Bay East, a taxi is $12; to CuisinArt, $18; to Cap Juluca, $20; to Frangi, Malli & Carimar, $16; to Cinnamon Reef, $10.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:00 AM
Howard

Those taxi rates are not per person. They are at least for two people. We paid $16 plus tip for two people to Frangipani. Don't know if there is a charge for more than two

Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Joe

Can you take a ferry anywhere else (St Barts) from Anguilla or is St Martin the only ferry choice? Thanks

Oct 22nd, 2002, 01:12 PM
Mary

The St. Bart's ferry doesn't run anymore & I know you have to fly to Saba so I think that's it as there's nothing else close. There are a lot of charters to surrounding uninhabited islands (great for snokeling).

Oct 24th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Mo

To clarify Mary's post, the M/V Deluxe, which used to do the Anguilla-St. Barth's run twice a week, is discontinued. You can charter a vessel to go nonstop, but otherwise you have to take the 8am ferry to Marigot and then transfer to the St. Barth's ferry M/V Voyager II. I've done this and it's a lot easier to do than describe. $65US pp/rt.