Reload this Page >

Couples Swept Away Beachfron Rooms

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Joe

Hello All,<BR><BR>We are planning our honeymoon for next July and are planning on spending 8 nights in Jamaica, 4 at Couples Swept Away and 4 at Couples Negril. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with the Beachfront Suites at Swept Away? Are thy truly right on the beach? In your opinion are they worth the extra money? We have read that the beachfront at CN are not truly on the beach and not worth the difference in price. My fiance loves the beach and would truly enjoy being right on the water. It would be nice, but doesn't really make a difference to me. I just want to make sure we are not wasting the extra money. Any insights would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Joe

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 02:52 PM
traveler

The beachfront rooms at Couples Swept Away have beachfront/oceanfront views. The are not located on the beach. In addition, the grounds at Swept Away are very lush and tropical. The balconies are huge and definitely worth it. The rooms do not have TV's...but who needs one on honeymoon? At Couples Negril, the beachfront suites oofer the best view of the beach/ocean. Both properties are very nice. You will not be disappointed.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Donnaw

Can't speak for couples, but at Swept Away the beachfront suites seem lovely. There are not many of them (maybe three?) and if you can afford it you should not be disappointed. The suites are not exactly right on the beach, but they are darn close . .there is maybe a 20 foot distance across a small patch of grass from your suites door/huge balcony to the beach. I always get beachfront rooms at Swept Away and the great thing about the suites is that they are ALL great. Some of the regular beachfront rooms are touch and go ..some are great and some are no better than the lesser priced atrium rooms which is why as a fourth time repeat guest I have a list of beachfront rooms that I LOVE and a list of about seven rooms that I won't accept . .three of the unacceptable ones have teeny tiny balconies (in the same buildings with the suites with the huge balconies) and four are in a building that I would consider pool front not beachfront (and as long of a walk from the room to the beach as in the less expensive atrium rooms).<BR><BR>I am crossing my fingers that when I get to Swept Away this February that I am not given any of the unacceptable rooms. I will ask to be moved either immediately or when the next acceptable opens up, but I hate having to do that on my vacation. After all I will be there a fourth time and they do have my list and the vacation is for eight nights.<BR><BR>Have a great time. I LOVE Swept Away

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Jane

Hi Joe,<BR><BR>Beachfront rooms at Swept are very nice. They are very close to the beach. I'd say they are about 6 steps from the beach and 20 from the water. We stayed in an Atrium room which was very nice - but I thought beachfront was great. Views of the ocean may be blocked by a few trees at some of the beachfront rooms - but veranda is overlooking the beach.<BR><BR>I also think the beachfront rooms have a few more amenities - a mini fridge I believe.<BR><BR>I would recommend the beachfront room at the far end of the property (farthest from the dining room) - more private and seemed a great location.<BR><BR>Swept is great - you'll enjoy it.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:13 AM
John

As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know about the junior beachfront suites at GLN?