Best Rooms - Swept Away Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2003, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K., one more question regarding Couples Swept Away Resort. Does anyone have a recommendation or opinion on the Beach Suites to request? Should I request a main floor unit or 2nd floor suite? Is it worth the extra $500 to upgrade to a Beach Suite over an Atrium? Thanks for feedback...
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 02:59 PM

I stayed at the basic rooms at Swept Away. right by the road. actually the view from our upper level room was beautiful. The other rooms didnt have the lush trees like we had. the beach room did overlook the ocean which we would walk by every day, No matter what you pick you will love it.
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 04:14 PM

Haven't done beachfront, but did do Atrium and loved the heck out of it. Wondeful, wonderful, very private verandah and the tropical foliage and palm/coconut trees within arms reach of the verandah was sooo romantic. For some reason, I felt like we had more privacy than if we had gone with a beachfront....but I don't know. Would like to hear from a beachfronter also!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:20 PM

I like the rooms back off the beach also - because of the lushness. I have been twice - stayed on 2nd floor the first year and loved the privacy. Stayed on the 1st floor the second year and loved the fact that I could use breakfast delivery as my wakeup call - they could just tap lightly, leave breakfast on the verandah and I didn't have to go to the door.
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 10:52 PM

We stayed in a beachfront suite twice and loved it. Upper beachfront suites are 2 to a floor, downstairs only one, so we prefered downstairs for privacy reasons even though we were right on a walkway. We loved the huge verandah and being a step from the beach. If you're concerned about privacy, ask for one of the beachfront rooms toward the end of the resort away from the dining room & water sports area, closer to the security guard station. Quieter and more private. Upstairs beachfront rooms also have more closet space than downstairs and more of those shuttered windows -- they cover virtually the entire wall & provide that great tropical feeling. HOWEVER -- the atrium rooms have a lot more privacy and are lovely and very spacious. Everyone I know who's stayed in an atrium room loved it, so will you be happy if you don't upgrade? Probably yes. Atrium rooms face away from the beach & sunset but many have partial views. Compensating factors are their quiet location and lush foliage. From what we could tell, the only "bad" rooms at Swept Away, if you could call any of the rooms there bad, were a few of the garden rooms that were very dark even during the brightest day.