JAMAICA - Couples Swept Away

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed here that can tell me the difference between the room types? There is "Atrium" (apparently in the middle of the property); "Garden" (with view of the garden); and "Beachfront" (obviously on the beach). My fiance and I are going for our honeymoon and want a room that faces the ocean or is on the beach; so we can open the balcony doors each morning to hear the waves and have breakfast, etc... even see sunsets?! Thanks!
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 07:33 AM

I was there about 5 years ago in a beachfront room. I enjoyed the trip and have nothing but good things to say about the resort. I think that all of the rooms are the same except for location. I was on the second floor, which to me seemed more private.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 08:04 AM

I would recommend the Beachfront rooms - but the Atrium rooms are also very nice (we stayed there and really liked it). Both have nice balconies to relax, read etc. Garden rooms are close to the back of the property and the road.

You might consider a beachfront unit at the far end of the property (away from the main dining area) - it might be a little quieter and I believe the views of the beach are slightly less obstructed. In the middle of the property on the beach - some of the views are partially obstructed by trees.

You also have the option of the first or second floor....both are great.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 09:24 PM

I ditto the above posts. Some of the Atrium rooms have partial ocean views, but the reason they're classified as Atrium is because they face away from the beach. Fyi, sunsets are over the ocean. Many Atrium rooms have garden views too, and the ones near the fountain and gazebo are really pretty. We have friends who've been going there for 10 years and they prefer the Atrium rooms because of more privacy & foliage. We stayed in a first floor Beachfront at the far end, away from the hub-bub as John describes, and we were in bliss land. By the way, the front desk will tell you the rooms are all exactly the same, but they are not. For example, the Beachfront 2nd floor and ground floor rooms are different and look different. Downstairs you have those wooden shuttered windows only on a portion of the walls - upstairs they're virtually the entire wall, giving more of that exotic, romantic feel and look that they advertise in the brochures. But those shutters are in all the rooms, which makes them all so unique & great. Some of the Garden rooms are so dark that you need to keep the lights on even during the sunniest day -- we heard a couple people complain about that. We just love those downstairs beachfront rooms. The verandah is huge -- the perfect place to do exactly what you describe. But they have TINY closet and shelf space. The upstairs beachfront rooms have much more closet space, and so did the upstairs atrium rooms we saw. However, we adjusted by just bringing fewer clothes the following year! I am very picky about rooms (can you tell??) but my hubby said he would have been happy in almost any of them, as most people would be. When we got there, we switched rooms 3 times till I was satisfied. But if they're not fully booked, the front desk is very accommodating about meeting your preferences.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 04:19 AM

I have stayed there twice and agree with the above posts. The only thing I would add is to avoid beachfront rooms directly on the main path as they are less private. The verandahs in all the rooms are spacious and wonderful and my personal preference is Atrium or Garden away from the main road on the ground floor. Very private.

Old Jun 29th, 2003, 08:37 AM

I echo the echos! We honeymooned in an atrium room and LOVED it. The verandah is very hard to beat(we were on the second floor)and used the verandah quite a bit. Right up in the tree tops and private enough to pretty much do want you want ... if you catch the drift. A very beautiful property. When we go back to Swept Away,we will certainly request atrium second floor again.