Cheap airfare to Nassau?

Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
Nicole

Cheap airfare to Nassau?

Have I missed the boat? (so to speak!) I bought a plane ticket to Nassau from Washington, DC last January for $299.00 and now that I am going back to Nassau, I cannot find a flight under $480.00! Have I missed all the good deals? Were there any inexpensive flights this January? Should I just bite the bullet and buy one of these flights, or will there be more Caribbean sale fares coming up? (please tell me, magic 8 Ball....)
Thanks for your wisdom!

Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
Nicole

Oh yeah - I am looking for a flight in mid-April.....

Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:27 PM
travelbuff

Nicole,

I just got an email from USAir that they are having ticket sales to the Bahamas. You might try calling them to find out what the restrictions are. I also heard they are offering $138rt to Grand Bahama Island, and you can get a flight from GBI to Nassau on Bahamas Air.

Hope this helps.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:27 AM
sdubagirl

They are offering low prices for this week from NY (don't know about DC) on certain days.
Fare Watchers is great for getting email updates on fare changes.
Prices probably won't go down again til after easter (Mid Feb starts high season and Spring Break, most flights are overbooked)

Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:16 AM
nicole

Thanks for the ideas Scubagirl and Travelbuff! I will definitely look into flying into GBI and then flying to Nassau. I have tried Travelocity and haven't come up with many cheap flights.....but I will persevere!

Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:53 PM
Kathleen

I am looking for the same thing and have found the same high (crazy) fares from JFK! i am looking to go mid May and usually buy tix in advance for low fares, not in this case. Thanks for the info I will watch tehm too, please post if you find a low fare and I will do the same Thanks

Search this Thread