Reload this Page >

Cap Juluca vs. Peter Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Mike

My wife and I are trying to decide between these 2 resorts for a 7 night vacation in June. We've read everything I can find, but still aren't sure. We like great beaches, good snorkeling, good food (although trying different restaurants isn't a deciding factor), and a relaxed atmosphere. We already ruled out Biras Creek because of the beaches and snorkeling. What input can you travel experts give us on these places. I probably would not want to rent a car if I went to Anguilla, so that may be a factor. I would be comparing a beachfront room at Peter Island vs. a Superior or Luxury room at Cap, so Peter Island will be a little more expensive. Can anyone specifically address the snorkeling at the beach at Cap (not somewhere else on Anguilla) vs. Peter Island? Any help in making this decision would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:22 AM
penny

Mike, since snorkeling is a number one priority for you, the beach at Maundays Bay is not good. My husband calls it the dead sea! I would assume that Peter Island might have better sealife from their beach, others will have to answer that question for you. I can tell you the best off the beach snorkeling for us has been Caneel bay!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:24 AM
smitty

Both resorts are great. Without a car on Anguilla, you will either be eating most of your meals at Cap or be taking taxis to get to other restaurants. Taxis will get expensive. I think the snorkeling is better on Peter Island but the beaches are nicer on Anguilla. I can't comment specifically about the beach at Cap, but Anguilla isn't known for great snorkeling. Maybe someone knows of some excursions you could take from Cap that would have good snorkeling. There are some small Cays close to Anguilla. Both resorts have a fairly relaxed atmosphere.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Allison

Hi Mike<BR><BR>I'd take another look at Biras Creek...my husband and I did AMAZING snorkeling while there...even better than off the beach: taking our own Boston Whaler out to various reefs or secluded island beaches and dropping anchor!<BR><BR>Biras beach rubs people the wrong way because it's not a long beach, and it's not the really fine white sand. BUT the setting and view and wildlife from the Biras beach are incredible. Also ideal protected bay for sailing and kayaking and floating on a raft. It's also not at all crowded since there are so few guests that share it. (Instead of long walks down the beach, we did long hikes in the trails above Biras.)<BR><BR>Keep in mind that Peter Island or Biras are situated on mountainous islands--Anguilla is totally flat.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:16 PM
kendall

where is Peter Island?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
xxx

addressing the snorkeling only will give the nod to Peter Island. The better snorkeling there is at White Bay. The snorkeling at Cap's beach is NONE. The snorkeling from the beach at Biras is one of my best experiences. Deadman's on Peter Island is one of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean IMO.