Approximate airfare to USVI from BWI, Dulles,Norfolk in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are trying to estimate the cost of a trip to celebrate our son's hs graduation next summer in June. Does anyone have any familiarity with the approx. airfare costs for travel to STT then? Or is there a website that lists typical fares by month/time of year? We are in central Va and could fly out of BWI, the DC airports, Norfolk, and Richmond. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 06:06 AM

You can check airline fares from those airports on the various airlines websites and travel websites like Travelocity, Orbitz, Kayak, etc. Just put in your departure airport, your destination and expected dates of travel.

Airline fares fluxuate greatly and there's no guarantee a price you find today will be available when you decide to purchase your ticket. They best way is to check prices on a regular basis then be prepared to buy your tickets when you find a good price. You can also track prices for your particular destination at www.yapta.com. That way if the price goes down after you purchased your ticket you can apply for a credit voucher for the difference.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 08:09 AM

We were looking at airfare from any of the dc/baltimore airports to STT for late June and fares seemed to range from $330 to over $800.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I looked at several sites and it looks as if the best we could do would be 3-400 dollar range pp. Now I need to rethink about our destination. It seems that the fares to the Bahamas are much better. We are looking at a budget of 3500-4000 dollars. I have looked into the out islands- Abaco, Eleuthera. They look beautiful. What is the best route to get there? For ex. there are airfares from NOR into Nassau at $158 pp or would you do better to go into Ft. Lauderdale and hop over on a smaller airplane? Again, my thanks for your help.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:58 PM

Try spirit air, they sometimes have really great deals for flights from DC to STT. I just booked round trip air to STT from WAS for $280 for mid august. Also, Air3000 has nonstop flights to Bermuda for $250, the only problem is the summer is high season in Bermuda so hotels are crazily expensive!
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM

If you go to the out islands of the Bahamas, generally by the time you add in the extra airfare to hop, it will probably be a wash (or even more expensive) with the cost for STT. That's what I've found anyways.

Also keep in mind that the fare usually shown/advertised doesn't include taxes & security fees which could tack on another $100! I know, it's silly, I don't know why they don't just tell you the "out the door" total price. It's not like the taxes & fees are optional. LOL.

Good luck with your planning.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

mymoosie, that is what I was afraid of. Our budget is going to be about 3500-4500 for the whole trip. Husband would prefer something with as little air time as possible. He is not keen on flying anyway, so getting him on a smallish airplane to hop from Fla over to the Bahamas may not work well. I don't know where to head to! Thanks again.