Reload this Page >

Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo

Search

Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:06 PM
joanne

Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo

We're thinking of travelling (with 3 children) to Cayo Coco or Cayo Guillermo but haven't found anyone who has stayed in one of their all-inclusives there. Anyone out there stayed at Melia Cayo Coco, Melia Cayo Guillermo or El Senador? Could use some feedback from anyone out there! Thanks

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:05 AM
sheena

stayed at tryp cayococo past 4 years with our two girls and we love it.<BR>the food is soso, the staff are great, it's not all inclusive, but you can buy an upgrade for the restuarants.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Sheena

Thanks for the info. When did you travel there? We're thinking of July and I've been told it's quite hot and humid. Would you consider Tryp Cayo Coco a superior resort? I see it's listed that way in some of the brochures.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
Julie

I also stayed at Club TRYP. I went this year over New Years. I agree with the comments about the food being soso and the people being great. The place was starting to look a little run-down when I was there...<BR><BR>On the plane trip home though, I sat next to this couple that had stayed at the El Senador, and they couldn't say enough good things about the place. The place was immaculately clean, the grounds were gorgeous, and the food was delicious (apparently, it's all imported from Canada).<BR><BR>Based on their recommendations, I'm definitely going to look into staying there for my next vacation.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
wendy

Hi Joanne;<BR><BR>I stayed at the Meila Cayo Coco. It was very nice but quiet. If you stay here get one of the rooms on stilts in the lagoon. Very nice!! If you want nightlife this is not the resort for you. No disco, only a piano bar that is empty by 11:00 P.M.!! There is a kids club and there were a few kids there when I was there. It looked like they were having a great time!<BR><BR>As for the Melia Cayo Guillermo, I had friends go here this year and they really liked it! As for the Tryp Cayo Coco I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard that because it is so big you have to line up for everything and the food is not that good. Even in the a la carte restaraunts.<BR><BR>Hope this info helps!! Enjoy Cuba!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Pennie

What island are these resorts located at?

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:48 AM
wendy

Cuba!!

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Wendy

Dear Wendy: thanks for your info....we are considering Melia Cayo Guillermo, however, the distance from the airport is one concern I have....my husband is determined to vacation in Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo so I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be touring around Cuba but just relaxing on the beach or by the pool...in the brochures I've read it does sound like Melia C.C. is very quiet and more for couples<BR>

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:03 AM
xxx

We stayed at Tryp and had a great time. I have also heard the raves about El Senador and am considering going there next year. I wanted to comment on "not going anywhere" ...<BR><BR>We took two day trips from Cayo Coco - One to Trinidad de Cuba and the other to Havana. Loved both! There were lots of other days trips offered as well! Cayo Coco is out of the way but not THAT out of the way!! Have a great trip!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Debbie

Hi - did either of the posters here ever end up staying at the Melia Cayo Guillermo and if so, can you tell us a bit more. Any comments on the food, rooms and scuba diving?<BR>Also how long was the drive in from the airport in Ciego de Avila? Isn't there a new airport on Cayo Coco somewhere? Much thanks for any info you can give me as we're thinking of heading here for a quick getaway at the end of November.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:10 PM
Melissa

apparently they are changing Melia Cayo Coco to Adults only sometime this fall. I stayed at Melia cayo Guillermo for 1 night. It was beautiful, but the beach was kind of small. They told us in the winter months the tide doesn't come in as far, but in the summer, very small. I thought is was a lovely hotel and quite romantic. We saw children, but it is very quite. I would think for for couples, and it too didn't really have a disco. We had to go next do the the Sol Club Cayo Guillermo for that. We visited the Tryp, and I liked it, but I have heard mixed reviews.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Daniella

In regards to the airport, I know flights from Toronto will now be going to the new airport called "Jardines Del Ray." I'm actually planning a vacation there in October...my first choice is the Iberostar Daquiri? Any suggestions? How is the beach in front of this property? Food? Disco? Entertainment? Is the pool nice and big? Walk in or ladders? thx,