Notices

Starfish Trelawny Resort?? Anyone been lately?

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 07:18 AM
  #1  
jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Starfish Trelawny Resort?? Anyone been lately?

Lookin for some info on this place. Can get a great deal on short notice. couple in mid 30s without kids. been on several all inclusives in carib at 5 star properties. understand this is a 3 star but dont mind. we just like good beaches and nice oceanview rooms. like some info on location and stuff to do nearby. help if you can. thanks.
 
Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:20 PM
  #2  
mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Jon,

Well, you have finally found someone that has recently been to Trelawny.

I just returned from Jamaica. I was there from the 27th of December. Flew home on the 4th.

I'll be happy to give you an honest review of the trip.

I have been looking for info on this resort the last 3 months. Never saw any reviews posted on Fodors. Maybe this will help everyone else that has an interest in staying here.

This was my first trip to the Caribbean. Don't have anything to compare it to, but I'll give you my honest opinion about the place.

I went on this trip with my parents, my sister and her second husband along with her 2 children and his 2 children. I was by myself.

There were a bunch of kids running around. 80% to 90% of the people there were either children, parents, or grandparents. The other 10% to 20% were single people or young couples.

The place is an absolute paradise for children. Everything at Trelawny is designed for the children. There is nothing for the adults.

If you were heading down with children, I would recommend that you stay there. But, since you are going w/o kids, I would recommend somewhere else.

The only real benefits of the place that I saw was the amount of booze that they put in the drinks and the gourmet restaurant that doesn't allow children under age 14 in. My parents and I ate at this restaurant 3 nights becaus the buffet at the resort was getting very old after a few days.

The resort itself I am told is quite small compared to all of the others on Jamaica. There really isn't anywhere to go to get away from the kids. They are literally everywhere.

The resort itself is fine. The rooms still need some work. I think that 3 stars would be quite generous for the rooms or the food. For the kids, I'd give it a rating of pretty darn excellent.

Again, if you are going with out kids, consider somewhere else. The resort is 35 minutes from Montego Bay and about 45 minutes from Ochos Rios. There is nothing to do around Trelawny. It is in the middle of no where.

I can tell you that I was in bed by 10:00 almost every night except for New Years Eve. The place gets real quiet after 10PM. The on site disco was empty each night after 10PM.

If you want more info, contact me. To all of the parents out there that are interested in an all inclusive for children, this is the place to go. The kids had an absolute blast. I stayed busy all day as well. Had a book with me. Got to page 39 in a book of 750 pages. Plenty of sun, volleyball, basketball and other activities, but alot of kids running around.

I am told they put $5 Million into the place. There is still another $15 Million that really needs to be spent on the hotel to get in up to a really nice resort.

Hope this is helpful

Mark
 
Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:30 PM
  #3  
xxx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sounds like the place hasn't changed much! I was there when I was a kid (15 years ago) and remembered having a blast. It rained so much that the roads were washed out and we couldn't leave the resort and I remember just seeing kids running around everywhere.

Pick another place if you are traveling without kids.
 
Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:44 PM
  #4  
Linda
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
TTT for S. Finally some info on ST.
 
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:18 PM
  #5  
phyllis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was just there with my family.Fabulous beach and great shows at night. Lots of interactive stuff going on, like a club med. We stayed in private cottages, great location, but rooms sparce. Food, we ate at all the restaurants and it was a nice variety. the main lobby was tacky, but the grounds are great. service, not great. overall, fun place.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ashevegas
Caribbean Islands
8
Mar 15th, 2007 06:10 PM
cpb2004
Caribbean Islands
8
Sep 22nd, 2004 04:53 PM
melody13
Caribbean Islands
6
Feb 27th, 2004 10:56 AM
lisa
Caribbean Islands
22
Jul 16th, 2003 11:09 AM
Jason
Australia & the Pacific
10
Sep 2nd, 2002 02:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO