Wyndam rose hall

Apr 17th, 2002, 11:54 AM
jeff

Wyndam rose hall

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was the waterpark, beach and the service? I have heard conflicting reports.

Also, what are the rooms like? Are they doubles or queens? Bright or dreary?

Apr 17th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Stephanie

The Wyndham Rose Hall is a large older high rise hotel but the waterpark is great. There is a lot to do at the resort. Make sure you purchase the platinum all inclusive (top shelf liquor and no surcharges at restaurants). it also includes golf if that interests you.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:13 AM
Mike

Stayed last November for 2 weeks with wife and 2 kids, 13 and 17. We had the best holiday ever and we have lived in the Middle East and travelled extensively.Service is very good, food very good to excellent(golf club restaurant the best in fact too much at times).The water park is what made the holiday for the kids, they were in it rain or shine!Not Florida standard but the best in the Carribean.Beach is a little disappointing but good enough- we lived for 14 years on the whitest, pure sand beaches in the world in Abu Dhabi and they didn't unduly upset us.It is over 500 yards wide and very quiet up the golf course end. The rooms are nice, bright,clean well equiped, doubles mainly and large with good balconies, ice machines on every floor, the bars allow you to take full bottles of coke, sprite, beer to the rooms so kids happy, full satellite etc. I must admit having seen some of the reports slagging the place off they must be from short stay guests not on the AI package. Golf course is also great to play and very pictueresque and challenging- caddies very good, (will sell you cheap balls).And finally make sure you try the "Dirty banana" cocktail.We're off to Wyndham Morgan Bay-St Lucia because of our experience at Rose Hall. Good luck

Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:52 AM
alex

Our "slagging off" of the place is due to the fact that it did not have electricity or hot water for at least 80% of the time we were there. I was sure glad we did not purchase the all-inclusive package because the food was simply not that great (not bad but just bland) and I would have hated to eat in restaurants with no a/c or lights (no electricity = no a/c, no elevator in a 7 story building, etc...). Everyone describes the food and drinks as expensive if you do not go AI but I found them no more expensive than an average priced bar or restaurant in Chicago. We received no compensation for the problems we experienced and they would not place us at another resort (said we would lose our money since we prepaid). We wrote to Wyndham upon return (and then a follow up about 2 months later) and received no response. Some service at the resort was very good and some downright surly. Because there was no electricity, we had to use the stairs most of the time which we found a little dangerous by candlelight (also stiflingly hot). Still, we made the best of it and just hung out at the pool, drank cocktails and went to several very good restaurants in Montego Bay. Our room was nice (when it had electricity) and always kept very clean. If you are a Wyndham By Request member, you are automatically upgraded so we had a seventh floor room overlooking the golf course and ocean with a nice balcony. I would not even bother to bring these problems up except for the fact that Wyndham has never even responded to our letters. Our previous stays at Wyndhams had always been satisfactory.

May 24th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Lisa

We stayed there in April and overall really enjoyed it. The waterpark is awesome and really were we spent the days. The food was fine and Im a picky eater. Its all inclusive, if your unhappy order something else. The rooms were old and pretty dated but kept clean. We had electicity the entire stay but the elevators were broken most of the time. We made walks up and down five flights and got stuck in them a few times. That kinda freaked me out. But the people were great and the weather was awesome. Go and relax.

May 25th, 2002, 03:34 AM
me

Do any of you know if there are plans for fixing/upgrading their electrical system and elevators? Did you receive any kind of compensation when you were stuck?

May 25th, 2002, 09:16 AM
anon

I stayed an Wyndham Rose Hall last summer. Yes, the waterpark for kids is great. This is more of a family oriented hotel. It is an older hotel and according to an article I read maybe 6 months ago, the hotel was suppose to be renovated soon. You may want to call the hotel for more information.