Search

Carrybean- a request.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrybean- a request.

Hi Carrybean. I read below that you have a cruiseship schedule and wonder if includes St Kitts? I'm going to Nevis for Christmas 14th - 28th and wondering on which days it would be good to venture over to St Kitts. I must say this will be my first time on Nevis and the choice was directly influenced by the sage advice on this forum.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 08:52 AM

Since this is your first time, you should visit www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Lots of valuable information. There is a forum at www.islandimage.com that has a cruise ship schedule.

You will love both islands! Post a Trip Report when you return.

Old Oct 31st, 2005, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Liz , from the info on your site it looks like there won't be any cruise ships in St Kitts over Christmas. But with the hurricane damage in the Yucatan I would expect quite a lot of re-routed ships this season . So I'll check your site again nearer the time to see if you get any updates.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 06:34 AM

Hi Redgirl,

Apart from cruise ships arriving in St. Kitts were you aware of the carnival on the island over Christmas?

Basseterre will be particularly busy on Christmas eve but you'll miss "last lap" on New Year's eve.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Christmas and a Carnival!!! I didn't know about it until after we booked. What a result! Can't find much on the net re Carnival but we will go with the flow . If anyone has been and experienced it I'd love to hear all about it.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 01:32 PM

Christmas as well as Carnival in the Caribbean. I think it will be quite an experience and I mean that in an absolutely positive sense. I've been to Carnival on St.Maarten and St.Vincent and thoroughly enjoyed myself both places. My West Indian friends LOVE the Christmas season and most everyone decorates getting into the spirit. Take part in any of the celebrations. some can be quite moving. Last yr I was in St.Vincent for the lighting of the national Christmas tree. Awesome. A candlelight peace march in the town square just prior to lighting tree. School choirs and dance groups performing. I loved it.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 12:47 PM

For more information on Carnival in St. Kitts visit www.stkittscarnival.com

The website should be updated in a few months.

Jouvert & Carnival is the most popular time in St. Kitts. Lots of expats come home.

Ballahoo's in Basseterre is a popular restaurant to watch the Carnival.

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:44 PM

I don't think there is anything better than Christmas in the Caribbean. My best memories are of just that.

The cruise ship schedule I have is for arrivals here in St. Thomas. I'll check it for that week to see if any ships are headed your way (or from there to here) but you're right about ships being rerouted possibly. There was a rumor here that we might pick up an extra 10 or so ships this month but no confirmation yet.

I'll let you know what I find out though.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM

Got the newest schedule through Dec. 31. These are just the ships leaving here & going to St. Kitts. I was in a hurry & didn't check the reverse route:
Golden Princess will be on St. Kitts Dec. 5, 12 & 19.

On December 23, the Seabourne Pride will be on Nevis.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank-you Carrybean , we will certainly structure our trips over to St Kitts to avoid those dates.Didn't realise Nevis was a cruiseship stop tho.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM

The larger cruise ships dock in St. Kitts.

It's usually the tall ships (ie: Windjammer) or smaller yachts that dock in Nevis.

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM

Here's an update!

The Queen Mary II will be in St. Kitts Dec.16.

The Constellation will be there on Dec. 22.

Good thing I remembered to check ships arriving HERE from St. Kitts. QM2 is pretty big.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 08:16 AM

For an up-to-date cruise schedule visit www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com You will find the schedule at www.islandimage.com