bucuti, manchebo with kids

Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bucuti, manchebo with kids

Please help - making last minute reservations and want to know if either the Bucuti or Manchebo is good for kids. They are 5 and 7. I tend to not love glitzy resorts- just a really nice pool area and beach should be fine.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Hi,

I recommend the Manchebo - it is recently upgraded and now has a Balinese-inspired spa. The staff is livelier and service is much improved. It is now one of the better smaller mid-range hotels in Aruba. Plus, kids stay for free in a room with their parents.

Have a great day!
Julia
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Julia - Thanks so much for the response. The hotel looks very pretty. Is the pool nice?
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have not been to either one of those two hotels. I know Bucuti discourages children. So, I wouldn't choose there.
I think Manchebo is a best western brand? Not sure about that.
Go to aruba-bb.com for more info on aruba. We went a couple of years ago and stayed at the Marriott, (big and glitzy with lots of people). We enjoyed our stay. The people on the aruba-bb.com forum go to aruba all the time. The Holiday Inn next to the marriott was a large hotel with a nice pool. I have not seen the rooms, but the grounds were nice. I know they have a meal plan as well. (By the way the dining is Aruba is excellent and the kids are welcome at most restaurants. ) My kids were 10 and 11 when we went and they had a blast.
Manchebo may be the place to go. But I know the Bucuti is geared more for the grown ups.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Hi:

The Bucuti's website says that it is not for children, so
I wouldn't go there.
We stayed at the Wyndham which is now a Westin (I think?) it has a great pool and the kids there seemed occupied and happy. I know nothing of the Manchebo.
Kristen
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM

I think if you you check that Bucuti (not the Tara suites) will take a maximum of 3 people.

The pool is being upgraded but you have to understand that Bucuti appeals to people because it doesn't encourage children - you will appreciate this when you decide to have a getaway without your children and don't want to listen to other peoples

Have fun, the restaurants are wonderful and Pizza Bobs is within walking distance of the Manchebo!