Search

Help-where to stay???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Jo15

Help-where to stay???

My husband and I are going to Aruba in November and not sure where to stay. Want balcony room and not too many kids. Want a fun place so not sure - low rise area or high rise area. Thanks

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gather you mean you don't want a hotel that has too many kids...as opposed to meaning that you and your husband don't want too many kids as a result of this trip to Aruba?

Just clarifying in an attempt to avoid any future jokes and "idle witty" remarks.

On a helpful note : Try searching in the Aruba section - "where to stay".
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 06:26 AM

We stayed at the Marriott Surf Club for week in Jan and loved it.It has great pools and a lazy river. There were only a handful of kids at this resort.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM

definitely opt for a stay on palm beach -the high rise area has more action better beach, better accomodations and if you are looking to avoid too many kids then steer clear of la cabana or holiday inn
the best resort on aruba hands down is hyatt gorgeous ( fyi - small balconies )followed closely by radisson &
marriott (huge balconies) at end of the strip may be a good choice for what you want as would the wyndham

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Bucuti has a policy that discourages children. It is pretty much kid free. It is on Eagle beach which is quiet. I have stayed at the marriott and it is very nice,but if you go during summer or school vacations, there will be lots of kids.
Hyatt and Radisson are very nice hotels. There will be kids in all of these hotels,but the Marriott, Hyatt and Radisson are all on Palm beach. This is an area with lots of beach activities right in the front of the hotels.
There is also the Rennassiance hotel which is located in the city downtown, but you take a boat to a private island. Christie on this forum liked it. I have not been to this hotel.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Bucuti sounds like what you are wanting. We highly recommend it- returning for the third time this year.
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:08 AM

Just had to chime in!! I am booking a 5 night stay in Aruba, November also!! We have chosen the Tara suites at Bucuti, so excited! Looking for the quiet, upscale place on the beach--this sounds like it!! Good luck in the planning. Hyatt has construction(renovations) going on from June-Dec 20th, the website clearly says that all guests should expect some level of noise, FYI.
Carol
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Another vote for the Bucuti. www.bucuti.com
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 02:59 PM

And yet another vote for the Bucuti.

Have a look at the beachcam http://www.bucuticam.com
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 05:19 PM

And yet another recommendation for the Bucuti.