Search

Bermuda Rentals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda Rentals

I've read one post about Bermuda Rentals...I can see that the person was not too happy with the service. I've been trying to contact the company, and I've had no luck. I've had previous contact, but now nothing. I'm a bit leery to rent if there are questions? Anyone else dealt with this rental company?

Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM

I have dealt with them several times without problems. Did you see the post Fiona Campbell posted in response to the complaint? Also there are several satisfied users posting regularly on the trip advisor Bermuda forum. No idea why there is a problem getting responses from them. Did you call or email?
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

I emailed. I had been dealing with someone other than Fiona. I sent another email and Fiona was quick to answer my email. I am now waiting on her reply to my questions. Thanks for the input.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks. If you do go forward with them, be sure a post about your experience. Have a wonderful time. Bermuda is another world. By the way, a Bermuda resident is now regularly posting here "Blue Seas" she should be a great resource for up to the minute info!
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help, again! I do have one more question. How much should we budget for meals per day? If we rent a property, we can eat breakfast at the rental. Lunch would be informal or quick. Dinner would be a nice relaxing meal...We have 9 people. I usually budget about $100 per day for food and any extras. This may not be enough for water activities. What do you think?
Thanks.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

That's $100 per person.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 03:40 AM

A couple of thoughts:
You can do a budget of $100 per day per person for food.
There is a restaurant menu guide available on www.bermudatourism.com for quick reference or you can buy a hard copy for about $3. at the information desk near baggage claim. You can also get transportation passes there, by the way.
Miles Market has a great to go section so you can probably save on lunches (or dinner on the beach) by buying there.
Lunch can also be the Lighthouse Tea Room (good soups,salads, sandwiches), The Lemon Tree (amazing chef), HogPenny Pub. I actually prefer the beach in the evenings so I often have my lunch at the splurge places and eat dinner at the beach. My favorite splurges are
Fourways ( an incredible Sunday brunch)
Ascots
Waterloo House (though see Penny's recent post about a disappointment there)
The Reefs (any house restaurant there)
Tom Moore's Tavern
Bleu (great view and good light meals as well as more extensive dinner menus)

I am going to top a post about the favorite restauranst and another about fun things to do in BDA for you.

Have a wonderful time and please post a trip report! If I can't be there, I love to read about someone who is!
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much cmcfong for your help. This list of restaurants will be a BIG help! We're not going to Bermuda until June 08, but you can be certain I'll post a trip report.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 09:16 AM

In that case, look for my trip report in early December! Seetheworld is headed there soon and she has promised a good report as well, so check in regularly!