Message from Bermudarentals.com

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is disappointing to read these reviews on the Fodor’s message board as Bermuda Rentals has been sending hundreds of visitors to Bermuda annually for over 16 years now.

It is important to note that this client never once made a complaint to the homeowners who lived on the property and were available daily for the entire duration of their trip, nor did she place a call to myself, Fiona Campbell, which would have permitted us a chance to move her to a more satisfactory location.

Bermuda is an island which has an ongoing mildew problem which is addressed by either keeping windows open whenever one is in occupation, or using the air conditioner as a dehumidifier. Having grown up in Bermuda, I am well aware of the humidity issues many guests experience. In this climate moisture is a fact of life and does not indicate filth, simply a need for air conditioning to be switched back on or the windows opened.

The point should also be made in regards to Ms. Mello for warning guests that an opportunistic thief was operating in the neighbourhood. It would have been reprehensible for her not to have done so.

The company does in fact have representation on the island. Anyone who wishes reference and recommendations concerning this or any of the other 40 properties we represent has only to email Fiona at [email protected] for references.
There are occasions when things just do not go well and for this we are truly sorry. We make every effort to satisfy our customers, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Fiona T Campbell
[email protected]

Old May 21st, 2007, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to reply to this post as my husband and I have been renting with Ms. Campbell for 3 years and all 3 of those years have been at the one-bedroom cottage of Ms. Mello. I can only say that we love this place and are quite aware of the mildew problem in Bermuda. It's the climate. When we first visited C25 Ms. Mello let us know about a growing crime wave in the area. We were very very pleased that she did. It made us more aware of our surroundings. Having met Ms. Mello several times, any problems that we have had (very very few) have been discussed right up front. I highly recommend bermudarental for your next stay. I'm using them the end of July and we'll be right back at C25. Thanks Fiona.