For Doug Stallings

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Doug Stallings

Hi Doug,

I have a blog on Puerto Rico - giving travlers ideas on what to see and do etc...

Would you be interested in doing an email interview for my site - questions about Puerto Rico?
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:18 PM

First - If you want to invite Doug Stallings, it would be reasonable to email him at [email protected]. I doubt that he reads all the posts.

Second - Directing an invitation to one person can be taken as dismissive and demeaning to all the others who are knowledgeable in the subject. I don't know why you you haven't gotten any responses, but that may be the reason.
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 05:11 AM

This is the second time someone has gotten snippy about a post that has my name in the subject. It's not an insult to the community when someone wants to ask an editor or another Fodorite a question, especially when we don't post our private email addresses online.

People post with questions for Fodorites fairly frequently, so I think we should all lighten up. Anyone is welcome to join in on a conversation that's posted in these public forums, and if they won't do it just because someone's name is in the subject line of the post, I guess I don't see the logic in that.

However, bcirish is correct that I don't get to read all the posts all the time and just saw this one by chance. The best way to reach a particular Fodor's editor is through our general email inbox.

Please send me an email at [email protected]. Put my name in the subject line, and it will find its way to me within a day. I'd be happy to do the email interview.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Doug, I will email through the 'editor' route.

Apologies if I offended anyone on here by directing my ? to Doug. But I did not know how to contact him directly.

I had tried another route by emailing Fodor's and requesting the email to be passed to Doug, but I guess I did not have the right email.

I appreciate everyone who takes part on this forum. It is a great place to ask, answer and recieve valuable information on Puerto Rico
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

To bcirish

I also just wanted to add that I know there are extremely knowledgable people on this forum - but most of these members are not editors of travel books and in particular Fodor's Travel Books.

And as I said in my original post 'that I would like to interview Doug for my blog'. I addressed the to Doug with that specific request.

Have a great weekend and thanks for contributing to the forum