Search

Beautiful Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
hsc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful Resorts

I'm looking for the most beautiful all- inclusive resort for a wedding in the caribbean, any ideas? It needs to be safe and I would like not to distress over eating the food and drinking the water as we will have any young kids and older folks at the wedding. Thank You.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM

Can you give us an idea of what your budget will be?

Anguilla might be a good fit, as Cuisinart, Cap Juluca etc. are all beautiful & luxurious, but also expensive.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM

Are you looking for activities ? must it have a beautiful beach ,spa etc
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
hsc
Original Poster

I'm looking for a gorgeous place, yes I would like a lot of activities but I rather have the beauty. I would ideally like to send around $2000.00 per person for the week. One of my favorite as far as beauty and beaches is The Paradisus in Punta Cana DR. Is there a resort that will knock the socks of The Paradisus?
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM

I'm not sure if it fits your budget, our friends went to Beaches (I think that's the one) in Turks & Caicos and absolutely raved about it.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:39 AM

I'm just wondering, honestly (I would appreciate knowing the reasons), why one would want to have a wedding group stay at an all-inclusive for a week, thus limiting yourself to eating and drinking within the resort.

The Cayman Islands are a great destination for high end weddings (see the main website at www.caymanislands.ky and it takes you straight to their wedding "sitelet&quot.

The thing is, in Cayman we don't do all inclusives as we have so many great restaurants (and you can drink the water !) that guests can, with the help of concierges, wedding planners etc, plan meals out at a wide variety of restaurants as they discover the island during their visit.

That would seem more appealing to me, particularly for a wedding group, so I would appreciate some feedback as to why people might prefer an all-inclusive ? Thx in advance
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:53 AM
hsc
Original Poster

We want an all-inclusive primarily because of covenance, being together and (knowing that everything is included no extra cost). But we are open to anything as long as it's beautiful.
We have been to Beaches in Turks. Don't get me wrong Turks is gorgeous one of our favorite islands Beaches is nice but no comparison to Paradisus
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:20 AM

Check out Round Hill in Jamaica (http://roundhilljamaica.com/). I haven't been there, but it looks like the perfect place for a wedding and honeymoon.

My travel agent told me the food is fantastic and they have a dine around plan so you can eat at other restaurants in town. Also, Ralph Lauren designed the atmosphere, etc. so it is exquisite.

Also, sounds like everyone will be occupied, but they have a kids club that is included in the cost! A nice benefit for little ones and for you.

Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM

Some islands and resorts have a "dine around plan" so you can try alot of the restaurants on island.

You might check some of the resorts on Harbour Island. There is enough to do for all your guests and the beach is amazing. There is also a lovely Gazebo on the grounds of Dunsmore Beach that is used for alot of weddings, and overlooks the MOST beautiful stretch of beach and ocean, perfect setting.

There are several resorts on island, for several different price ranges so all your guests should be happy and it's fairly easy to get to from the east coast.

There's a bit of shopping and several excellent restaurants. Also The Landing has a large enough room and outdoor space for larger dinners.

Hope this helps have a wonderful time.