beaches turks and caicos

Search

beaches turks and caicos

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beaches turks and caicos

Thinking of going for winter break with our teens. Has anyone ever been during that time and if so what are your thoughts and suggestions?
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Please has anyone got any information about this resort for me?
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Hi - I can answer all of your questions after July 3rd when we return from our first stay at Beaches, T&C (2nd trip to T&C, however). :0)

Until then, tripadvisor.com has many, many reviews on Beaches - some good, some not so good (just like any other resort.) Provo is a great place and we can't wait to return.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:13 PM

My husband and I went here about 4 years ago in early Jan. There are both positive and negative reports to be had. We had a nice time, the resort at that time was nice. The food was good and there was snorkeling off the beach a ways down from Beaches. The beach is beautiful. We did go because it was a special 2 for 1 sale. We did comment to ourselves we didn't think it would be worth the full price if we hadn't gotten it on sale. My husband is also dives and this included unlimited diving so he went out several times. I would also add it is a great place for just relaxing, there wasn't any shopping or much activity outside of the resort. Just depends on what you are looking for. As for me I prefer a bit more activity and a lot more shopping. Just my opinion and thoughts.
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:53 PM

Yes I was there in February a few years ago & it was wonderful. Turks & Caicos really is "one of the last true exotics" like they say they are. The weather was great - one day of overcast & rain - but other than that it was beautiful. And, yes - there is an area to snorkel off the beach about 5-10 minutes walk down to the left of the resort. You will see it roped off. Or you can go on snorkel boat trips. I can guarantee your teens will probably love it - just b/c of the all-inclusive factor & all the activities they can do. As far as nightlife, there is not much to be had - but it is a great place to relax & escape.
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM

Go to the Beaches site & check for their special promotions. I saw they had a special deal on Beaches Negril & Beaches T&C. Something like stay 3 nights & the 4th is free. Worth checking into. Also they have a free luggage deal but not sure what the requirements are.
You might also want to try posting at www.tropictravelonline.com. I think they have a special section for Beaches with some reviews.
Have fun!