Beach Vacation w/Toddler

May 8th, 2002, 10:35 AM
mama

Beach Vacation w/Toddler

Live in NYC -- any suggestions for an island vacation this winter with a 2 year old ??

May 8th, 2002, 10:58 AM
janet

Went last Christmas with my baby to Cancun when she was a year old and she loved the beach there. Water was so warm and she loved walking on that powdery, white sand. Also enjoyed the beach at Playa del Carmen. Last month, we went to Aruba but it was so hot so it might be better to go in the winter. Didn't like Palm Beach so much but we liked Baby Beach. Calm and clear water. Great for babies and toddler. Mexico and Aruba are easy to get to from NYC. Hope this helps.

May 8th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Penney

I would start with a look into Jamaica. There, of course, are the Beaches Resorts in Negril which are wonderful for families with children but also a few others. One, I think, is FDR.

May 8th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Debbie

We just went to St. John with our 2 1/2 year old. It is a great place to take kids. Everything was very easy. There are a lot of kid friendly casual restaurants. There are a alot of places you can go and get a wonderful meal and if they don't have a childrens' menu, they are happy to make plain pasta or chicken. The beaches are great and my daughter was happy to play in the sand all day. There is also a tiny playground in town (cruz bay) We made a stop there almost every day. The people are great and the island is beautiful. We will definitely go back.

May 9th, 2002, 07:24 AM
anon

When planning a trip to the islands with a toddler, PLEASE keep in mind the intensity of the sun down there and keep the kids 1)slathered with sunscreen that is not toxic to babies or2)covered, or 3)in the shade. You can burn in minutes in the islands.

May 9th, 2002, 07:52 AM
dad

The Buccaneer in St. Croix is well suited to children.

May 9th, 2002, 08:22 AM
JIm

Took our 2 yr old to the Westin Rio Mar in PR last month. It's a beautiful resort and everyone is really friendly but the kids programs start at 3.

May 10th, 2002, 06:22 AM
mama

Thanks for the suggestions. Someone else also recommended the Atlantis Resort, so we'll look into that, too.