Search

Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Aja
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados

We are going to Barbados in June and I have narrowed the hotels down to two. Almond Beach Village or the Kings Beach Hotel? Any suggestions as to which one to stay at?
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 04:04 AM

I have heard bad reports about Almond Beach Village. However, Kings Beach Hotel is supposed to be ok & it's on a great beach.
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 06:26 AM

Just got back from 8 days in Barbados on Thursday. Just to confuse the issue further we stayed at Coral Sands which was really great. they are in the worthing area on a great beach and it's not touristy. They have 32 studio suites with kitchens. From April 15 to Dec 15 the rate is $140/night which is a steal for what you get. All units are beachfront with an ocean/beach view. It is about a 5 minute walk to two grocery stores and a 10 minute walk to St Lawrence Gap for great restaurants and night life. The web site is coralsandsresort.com and the toll free # is 1-800-588-9504. If you decide to stay there e-mail me and I can send more [email protected]
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM

I second the vote for Coral Sands Beach Resort -- it's on our favorite beach in Barbados and it's only 2 years old.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:35 AM

I stayed at Almond Beach Club a few years ago (two years in a row, in fact) and the beach wasn't great (only a small section roped off for use and even that was incredibly rocky to walk on). Plus, there were A LOT of locals bothering people selling things that ranged from puka shell necklaces to marijuana. The pool was nice and the food was spectacular, if that's any consolation. There's a shuttle that runs between the Club and the Village, allowing guests to use both facilities. Didn't try the beach at the Village. Just ended up hanging by the pool which, as I said, was lovely.