Search

BARBADOS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Sam

BARBADOS

Has anyone been to Barbados in the past year? Is there still construction going on?

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Lois

By construction I assume you mean road work and the answer is yes. In fact the South Coast is terrible. It's disrupted business in St. Lawrence Gap to the point some have closed. When they are finished on the South Coast they will move to the West Coast. It's a sewer project.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Sam

Is this near the Bougainvillea?

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Lois

Yes. We stayed at Bougainvillea for part of our trip (in November) and at that time you never knew which road you would be able to take to get into Bougainvillea. Also, there was a detour out of Bougainvillea that took you on an upper road to get back down to the South Coast road heading towards St. Lawrence Gap and towards Bridgetown. Had I known that, I would not have stayed at Bougainvillea. If you are staying there, it would be good to ask them directly if the sewer project near their place is still going on.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Mary

Going in June, do you know anything abouth the weather?

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Lois

The weather is great in June. Possibility of some showers, but they don't last long. We've been there a few times in June. The sky is not quite as brilliant a blue as it is later in the year, but it's wonderful in general. It's always 85-90 during the day and about 70-75 at night year round.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:49 AM
M

Thanks!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:52 AM
x

Any other information please?