COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for a kid-friendly resort in March?

Old Jan 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Looking for a good place for a family vacation with a 4.5 yo and a 14mo old. Direct flight preferred but not required. Would good food, too, be asking too much? : )
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM

carlisle bay in antigua
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

looks gorgeous! may be a bit more then we want to spend, but i am going to take a closer look. thanks!!
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM

It's pricey, I cannot lie, but Beaches Turks & Caicos would be the perfect place for a fabulous family vacation. The staff will treat your children like they are their own. Good food, kid friendly entertainment, safe, friendly staff, wonderful resort all around. We've been there 6 times, and we are in our 50s travelling without kids. However, I have seen the staff interact with the kids and it never ceases to amaze me how great they treat them. It ain't cheap, but to me it's worth every penny.
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Visiting the Grand Palladium in Montego Bay in March with our 8 and 6 year olds. I heard from friends with kids, and based on online review, that they are family friendy. Lots of kids activities.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 04:23 AM

The Regent Palms in T&C. Kid friendly, but not kid-centric. calm wonderful beach, gorgeous pool.T&C has so many wonderful restaurants, I wouldn't consider going to an AI there (AIs arent for me, generally). When we went last yr they had a stay 4 pay for 4. It was amazing.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 11:24 AM

I would highly recommend Half Moon Resort in Jamaica. We went there 2 years ago and we LOVED it. It is very kid friendly yet still elegant and beautiful.

They are so nice and will accomodate you with whatever you need. And the beaches are exceptionally gorgeous. It is a completely different part of Jamaica, very clean and beautiful beaches.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM

I meant to say pay 3, stay 4. sorry!

We stayed at the half Moon resort 5 years ago and it was lovely. My DH still talks about our room which was right on top of the beach, so close to the ocean- gorgeous. However, i wasn't crazy about the food there. the food In T&C was amazing.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 06:02 AM

We took our kids when they were that young to the FDR in Jamaica....now at first I nearly died because it was very laid back and basic but we had a ball...my kids had their own nanny, Patricia, and my husband and I were able to enjoy ourselves as well. It's small but the Jamaican hospitality and care we received was above and beyond!! Excellent kids club, great first time snorkling for your four year old. Beautiful buffets and theme parties and entertainment on the beach for the kids!
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM

How about Dreams La Romana in Dominican Republic. great kids club, nice snorkeling.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:52 AM

Coconut Bay Beach Resort, St Lucia, has one whole side of the property devoted to kids! Check out their website, it is a wonderful place for the whole family. And of course, St Lucia is a gorgeous island with volcanoes, beaches, waterfalls, mud baths, mineral baths, hiking, the Pitons, beautiful gardens, zip-lining, snorkeling, windsurfing, scuba diving, you name it!