Antigua Beaches

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:05 AM
john

Antigua Beaches

On a cruise we will spend 7 hours in Antigua. We are interested primarily in spending the entire time at a nearby beach. The city says "St. John." Does anyone know of any nice beach close to the cruise port? I would assume there would be taxi's and transportation made available. We don't want to venture to far away, but don't care to be with a group either. Any thoughts?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:24 AM
beach lover

John, I honeymooned at Sandals Antigua which is located on Dickenson Bay beach. It is known to be one of the best beaches on the island, and we really enjoyed it. It's large and spread out so you don't feel crowded by other vacationers. There is also a vendor stand that offers watersports, if you're interested. Sailing, parasailing, jet skis, etc. Dickenson Bay is located about 5-7 minutes away.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:38 AM
john

Thanks Beach Lover but did you see cruise ships while you were there? I guess what I mean is Dickenson Bay close to the ports of the cruise ships. You stated 5-7 minutes away. Away from the ports? That would be great if it is that close.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:42 AM
beach lover

5-7 minutes away from St. John's. I didn't see cruise ships while I was there though

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 11:22 AM
john

Thank-you. You have been most helpful. This is where we will try and go for out time in Antigua.