Best beaches in southern carribean

Feb 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Best beaches in southern carribean

Im going on a southern carribean cruise to stlucia, stjohn, stmartin,stthomas, & barbados. I would like to know what are the nicest beaches to visit. i prefer clean beach, beach chair for rent and a nice place to eat. Basically the perfect beach day experience. thanks
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM

I have done that same cruise.
St. Lucia isn't known for beautiful beaches so we took an island tour that included a catamaran ride past the Pitons. Great day.
On St.
Thomas there are several nice beaches. Megens Bay is said to be one of the nicest. Just take a taxi and go early. We also liked Coki Bay on St. Thomas and Sapphire Beach.
On Barbados we went to a beach in Holetown and had a great lunch there.
St. Martin just take a taxi to Orient Bay. There are several sections with chairs and restaurats. It is a gorgeous beach!
St. John is full of great beaches. The best known is Trunk Bay.
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the insight,did u go on royal carribean cruise, if so how was the ship?
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM

I've been on three Royal Caribbean cruises and enjoyed them all very much. Good food, great service, beautiful ships.
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:05 PM

I've been to many of the island in the Carribean and Crane Beach in Barbados is by far one of the prettiest beaches you will ever go to. It's about a $25 cab ride each way from the cruise port. There is an old hotel on the cliff above the beach. The taxi driver will drop you off there and may wait for you (our cabbie waited two hours for us). We went there about 8 years ago and there weren't many people there. There are many photos on the internet.
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM

We were on several RC cruises. I know you will have a great time. We did megans Bay or you can go to St. Johns on the ferry. Awesome beaches there. St. Lucia didn't have any great beaches, we did a tour there. Barbados we either did Paynes beach or crane beach. It was a great beach, with rentals, a bar, etc. Basically the best beach experience. You didn't mention Anitigua but we went to Dickensons Bay. It is so beautiful there. A nice bar, at the end, wave runners for rent. The water color is gorgeous!! Enjoy.