All-inclusive resorts in Bermuda

Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:27 AM
Wyn
Original Poster

All-inclusive resorts in Bermuda

Does anyone have a listing, or can recommend, somewhat reasonably priced all-inlcusive (food, drinks, some activities) resorts in Bermuda? I've never been and am looking at either a 4-day or 7-day trip with the girlfriend. Or do you recommend against an all-inclusive deal in Bermuda? I'm open to either. Price obviously is a big factor. Thanks in advance.
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:28 AM
Wyn
Original Poster

I forgot to mention I'm looking at going in late June or sometime in July.
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:33 AM
Wyn
Original Poster

One other thing I forgot to mention is we are a couple of late twenty years olds who like the beach (obviously), activities, and some decent nightlife.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:29 AM

Wyn, the Harmony Club is the only all inclusive on Bermuda. Other places offer a dine around. Lots of little places to eat in Hamilton, all different prices. It all depends what you want.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:38 AM

Bermuda is very, very expensive and the most affordable way to see Bermuda would be by cruise ship. There are several leaving from NYC including a Carnival that would fit the bill you.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:07 AM

Bermuda really gets a bad rap about how expensive it is! Its really not! We went years ago, stayed at a place on the beach with a kitchen. Had breakfast, and some dinners, lunch at
our efficiency hotel. Still stay at The Surfside, now we dine out all the time. You can find restaurants at all different prices. Bermuda is inexpensive when you compare it to Barbados, Anguilla, St. John, St. Barths. Its a short hop from the east coast. Having said all that, 2 young woman might like the atmosphere of a cruise. Bermuda is one of my favorite islands!
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:18 AM

Grotto Bay Resort offers all-inclusive packages. It does have a small beach, but not directly on the ocean. It's probably the best value on the island.
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:52 AM

Bermuda is a beautiful place.

There are a few small, luxury hotels that are part of the Bermuda Collection. The Reefs, Ariel Sands, Pompano Beach to name a few. While they are not all inclusive, they do offer rates that include breakfast and dinner, but no drinks.

Usually you have the dine around exchange option as well. Depending on availability you can stay lets say at the Reefs and have dinner at Arile Sands.

I believe the bermuda tourism website has information about this. The Reefs has a web site as well.

Apr 4th, 2003, 09:40 AM

All inclusives are hard to come by in Bermuda. You might want to consider other islands if that is your foremost criteria. I would not recommend a cruise - the point of Bermuda is its accessibility from the east coast and the cruise ship dumps you into Hamilton and then you must drag your stuff to a public beach. Not exactly why you are going or paying for. If you want all the food and drink you want and spending 3 days to get there then the cruise is the choice. If not, then concede the all-inclusive and soak in the absolutely beautiful beaches and water.

Elbow Beach - is fabulous if you can swing the price

Southampton Princess has some meal packages.

I would not recommend Grotto Bay - it is on a bay facing the airport and is in dire need of renovations and is filled with children.

If you want a relatively cheap all-inclusive at a 5 star property than try the Ritz Carlton in Jamaica or Cancun Mexico which is super cheap right now!