Search

cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruise

Has anyone cruised from NY to Bermuda? If so, how is the waters in June? I was told that sailing can be rough. Can anyone recommend a ship?
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM

There is no way to predict sea conditions. Go prepared, Bermuda is wonderful and a great island with excellent activities. NCL has the Dawn this season.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Have sailed to Bermuda seven times. One visit was bad (end of May). When we reached Bermuda some people got off the ship and refused to get back on and yet the return trip was wonderful. Who knew!??! We actually had to do a rescue at sea that trip which took hours. Still, I'd do it again. Bermuda is my favorite place on earth.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

What makes Bermuda so special?
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 06:45 AM

Bermuda is clean. No harassing vendors at the docks. Great transportation system. Plenty to see and do, excellent snorkling, beaches. Museums, historic forts, caves, aquarium, light houses.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM

I agree with BudgetQueen. Bermuda is very clean and the people were wonderful. I remember leaving NYC right after 9-11 and having the people in the shops crying right along with me about the tragedy.
There is a lot to see there and so many of the places are within walking distance (we like the hike). The beaches are beautiful and you can get there by buying a bus pass for one day, two days, etc. The bus pass is also good on the ferry which will take you from the Dockyards to Hamilton in just a matter of minutes. Just talking about it makes my heart sing! I have to admit, tho, that I would rather dock in Hamilton as there is more to do after dinner by just walking off the ship.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:15 PM

WHAT MAKES BERMUDA SO SPECIAL!!! Having cruised there from Boston more than a dozen times.. let me tell you about my Bermuda...it's the people...they actually like cruisers, they are not only honesty english polite and helpful.Adults and children THANK the bus drivers as they exit the bus...they greet him in when getting on the bus.. Once incident stays in my mind.. I was talking to my husband about a store that carries a cosmetic product I wanted..I had read the store had moved. As I got off the bus a Bermudian woman tapped me on the shoulder and told me exactly where to find the new shop. If there is a young person on the bus on he way home or to school... they automatically get up and give a senior citizen their seat..After being in St. Maartin, Barbados and Antigua...a few weeks ago I just shudder the thoughts of ever going back..give me Bermuda.. On the negative side food because it's all imported is expensive.. and NCL has a plan for dining in Bermuda.. My Bermuda is changing.. Front Street has lost those wonderful stores with the helpful ladies and intead we will have office buildings on Front Street..Several of the major cruise lines now have a presence in Bermuda.NCL, Celebrity abd RC. Docking space for larger ships is at a premium and many of he cruise lines are helping to expand the cruising facility..The high speed a/c ferries add much to getting around. Ah Bermuda.. where live is civilized..
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM

ParrotMom, When did they decide to put offices on Front Street? SoSad! It was fun to just window shop after dinner. I guess we'll just have to get back before it changes even more!
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM

I know Bermuda has many fans but personally I do not care for it.

I like my islands with an edge and some spice personally and though I have visited Bermuda twice it is, like Hawaii, a place I do not care to return to.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:23 AM

I discovered the waters between NY and Bermuda to be VERY rough. Want to go with a great ship though? Regent is the way to go. They have permission to be there for the days the other cruise lines do not. They have the most beautiful sun-kissed beaches. This includes Horseshoe Bay Beach, one of the world’s top 10 beaches. Go and discover why so many of us have fallen in love with the island.