COYAGER OF THE SEAS TO BERMUDA IN 05 ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been reported on some other sites that RCCL's VOYAGER OF THE SEAS will be doing 5 day Bermuda cruises next year from Bayonne, NJ. There is nothing on the RCCL website confirming and it is not mentioned on some other travel sites.The Berumda Tourist board has nothing on it also...

Im just curious if this fact or fiction.....If trus this would be a complete reversal for the Bermuda government whcih has limited the amount of large ships that come to the island....
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Sorry title should say VOYAGER OF THE SEAS...not COYAGER...
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:31 AM

RCI, NCL and one other cruise line have announced to the Government of Bermuda that they will be phasing out their smaller ships by 2005. They will financially assist Bermuda in the rebuilding of the docks and whatever is necessary so the larger ships may enter. Right now the Dockyard has the largest area, the beautiful straits where the Majesty enters St. George has been altered twice I think I read and I'm not sure what they are going to do about that..I'm sorry to see the end of the smaller ships in Bermuda.. Front Street is Hamilton is wall to wall cruisers. so, there goes the quaintness of Bermuda...sadly
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Well again there is no mention of this on the RCL website. So I am still wondering if this is really going to happen...Or that the crusielines are just pressuring the Bermuda government....I actually hope that is not true as this will turn Bermuda into another St Thomas....
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:28 AM

As a BOP (Bermuda Obsessed Person) I read the Bermuda Gazette daily.. much of the information is beginning to scare me, but that's another story...Here is the story...
http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/...054&Ref=AR
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Parrotmom. Thanks for the reply but when I tried to access the site the article that I saw made no mention of Royal Carribbeans Voyager of the Seas...it did mention the Seven Seas Voyager which is a completely different ship. I have still not been able to independently verify that the RCCL mega ship will be going to Bermuda next year...Ive only seen the supposed news release on some websites but not this one or RCCLS own website...